Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW App is a PROBLEM

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The NEW app is obviously screwing up many functions on many different models - just look at all the posts here on the Forums and around the internet.  Nothing Customer Support had me try worked and nothing here on the Forums has fixed anything either; most importantly to many is nearly ALL models...  NOT Tracking Sleep at ALL.  Stop responding to our requests for help with the scripted responses like is it too loose on your wrist, did you sleep in a different position or be sure to check your battery...!   Hundreds of people are NOT at fault for all these different Fitbit models NOT working - right after a software and App change.  Connect the dots and talk to your programmers.   

I've been waiting for a valid answer to fix the issues and I think it's about time to shop other brands at this point.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

The new app is a bunch of crap. I use my iPad with the app on it and rely on it to count my steps

as I exercise on my treadmill.  The steps do not count as you go now. You have to sync the app

for the steps to catch up while your exercising, which interferes with my workout.

Also the zone min. Is harder to figure out.  The app as a whole is more difficult to me as the 

older app was easier.  I try to call in and get someone that seems to not  understand what I am talking 

about.  The older app was more simplified...they have made the new one very difficult. Why fix something if 

it isn't broke. The older app worked JUST FINE!

Best Answer

Exactly...I just hope they see our complaints.  Referring to the customer support when you call in

to me, they don't seem to want to help you out.  I get the feeling they are trying to rush you on the call.

Is it just me or is it everyone else that get that feeling??  I have enjoyed my fit bit since I got it 2 yr. Ago.

But since they have upgraded to this new app...it's been fustrating trying to figure it all out.

And they say they are changing the app to google...that will be even more frustration. 

Best Answer

The new app is worthless. I enjoyed my Fitbit for almost four years….any good company that listens to its consumers would react…the app can’t even return to a previous screen…seems to me that is the most basic function🤔

guess I have to vote with my wallet!

Best Answer

Yes it is worthless. When I did my treadmill workout yesterday, I was watching my heart rate

since the step count doesn't count until you reach up and sync it,  I really don't trust the heart 

rate, anymore because it was showing a lower heart rate than usual as I was jogging at full speed,

i know my heart was beating faster than what it was showing on the app.   Fit bit says they will

moving to google in a couple of years...I am just wondering what that will be like?  
Maybe it will be better, and maybe not...you can change over to google now...I am not budging until

i have to..just sayin. 

Best Answer

Beautifully said. I have been wearing a Fitbit since 2013 but looks like it’s time to switch. Kinda glad this happened right before Christmas lol 

Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit since 2021...I have been looking into switching as well...seems like Fitbit is

getting like everything else...expensive products but cheap coustomer service that handles 

them and make lousey decisions on their expensive products,that really don't benefit their

customers...if that makes since....sorry I am just speaking my mind here..HA!!

Best Answer

The new Fitbit app is uninspiring and boring. I moved over to Google thinking that perhaps I could continue posting pictures there with my stats, but not only can I not find a way to add my stats to pictures I can’t even find any people there. I feel like I’m on the moon, black and desolate. I will not be recommending Fitbit or Google to anyone as long as it’s this uninspiring.

Best Answer

I 100% agree. The new app absolutely SUCKS. I used to be in love with my fitbit but now I don't care if I don't have it on. I only really use it for a watch now. Because of the new app. I have already switched to a smart watch to track everything and I wish I didn't have to. But the new app is solely the reason for this!

Best Answer

Agree. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! I want to know my heart rate variation and tracking for my workout; now I can only see it for a timeframe, which is less specific, or check what “zones” I was in and how many minutes in each, which is also less specific. Earth to customer support: Listen to your customers.

Best Answer

 Mine is not tracking the sleep properly and the steps tracking is horrible. Today it gave me almost 11 million steps. 

IMG_2137.jpeg

Best Answer