Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit Inspire HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I recently brought a Fitbit Inspire HR as my Flex 2 was showing it's age a bit, and also because I was given a rather nice load of Amazon Voucher for my birthday.

So, the package arrived yesterday. I put it on to charge and to set it up. Well, I've been able to charge it up with no problem (although the charging cable is somewhat on the short side methinks....), but set it up???? Nope, nada, not a thing. 24 hours later and it still isn't set up. I've tried on my phone and also my Kindle. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J4+ which is running Android 9.0. Sometime it says that my phone Bluetooth isn't on (it is, permanently), other times it says that my tracker isn't switched on - well, it was when it started trying to locate it on the Bluetooth, but it takes so long that it switches off. It also says that it needs to be on the charging cable the whole time, even though it is now showing as fully charged.

When it's been trying to pair, I've been keeping an eye on my phone bluetooth settings and it ends up saying that the tracker isn't in pairing mode. I assume that it is as I've followed the instructions to the letter.

I decided to try paring it to my Kindle as my phone isn't on the (what seems to be a very small) list of compatible phones, even though it is running the most recent Android version. So, I go on to my Fitbit app on my Kindle, tell it I want to add a new device, it takes me to the screen for me to choose which device so I choose 'Inspire HR'....and it immediately takes me back to the first screen.

What's going on?? Why can't I set this device up??? As I said, I followed the instructions to the letter, so I hope you can advise me what to do other than asking if I've tried various options - as I've tried them all!!!

Please tell me that I haven't wasted the Amazon birthday vouchers I was sent???

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

hopefully posting a reply to my own post will bump it up the board so someone who can help may see it and reply.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I can't help but I have the exact same problem with my Inspire that arrived today! Just won't pair with my phone at all (iPhone 11). It's really frustrating! I feel your pain. I also used to have a Flex that I replaced due to age (that wasn't pairing either). Now I'm wondering if it's something else since 2 fitbits won't pair. My bluetooth is always on (like you). I've even tried turning it off and on etc. Gah! Hope someone helps us.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear your having the same issues (although in some ways it's a relief as it proves it's not something I'm doing wrong!!).I've tried turning my phone bluetooth off and on....I've rebooted my phone....I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still not linking!!I've now emailed the official support line so hopefully that may sort it....Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I’ve done all those things too! Including email the help centre. Although they are taking 7 days to respond. Hopefully someone can help us here before then, I was looking forward to using it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

sadly still no advise or suggestions. I guess I will end up returning it and giving a negative review. Nearly a week now since it arrived and I still haven't been able to set it up 😞 very disappointed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I’d love to be able to use mine too! I’m hoping the helpdesk reply to my request in a few days. I don’t even know if I can return mine due to shops being closed while in lockdown. I’m sure I can somehow but whether I can get through to the shop I bought it from to arrange I’m not sure (I’m in New Zealand). My friend has the Inspire and says it’s great! I’m really disappointed. I wonder if it’s my phone? But it connects to other things via Bluetooth ok and is only 4 months old 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I'm having the same problem brought from Amazon, it's been on charge all night as no sign of life yesterday.  I have woken up this morning to find a smiley face on the screen.  But still cant set up and no real sign of life.  I feel like that smiley face is mocking me now lol.  Also emailed the help centre.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harley1410  I had a reply from the help centre sending me a link to all the troubleshooting things. I've tried all of those but still no better. Just the smiley face. And also www.fitbit.com/setup scrolling across the screen. I hope they can resolve it for us! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lizziep100 @Harley1410  After a few emails with the help desk, they are sending me a replacement. Great result. Hopefully it works! Good luck with yours 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

well, now got various emails going backwards and forwards between me and customer support so hopefully it will be resolved soon 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lizziep100 Oh that's great. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I just received a new FitBit Inspire HR today. This is the first FitBit I ever had. I could not get the app to work on my android phone. It just would not connect to the bluetooth! I eventually got it to connect to an old laptop with bluetooth and then it did updates. I don't know why an old laptop could connect, but not my newer phone. Maybe the phone's app was too updated? It would be great to be able to use this fitbit with my phone app, so maybe one day it will magically connect?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MissyX You should definitely get in touch with the helpdesk and try the troubleshooting tips they send you. If they don't work then hopefully it can be resolved. They may take a few days to respond.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh I hate calling help desks lol! After the watch got its updates from my laptop, I then reset the watch (seen the tip on youtube), and now the watch is connected to my phone app too. It just wouldn't connect until the watch got those updates. I don't know how other people with only a phone would connect the watch to the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

well, sadly since Friday I've heard nothing from them. So, giving up, sending it back, and thinking about the review I will be posting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh what a shame! They sent me a new tracker part for mine and it works! So great to have it finally up and running. I'm sorry the same didn't happen for you, that's so strange.

Best Answer
0 Votes

still not working 😞 😞 I first contacted customer support on 22/04/2020. I had a reply from them 29/04/2020 and it is still not resolved

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a new Inspire HR with birthday vouchers from Amazon and received it on 21/04/2020. After 24 hours I hadn't been able to set it up, so I asked for advice on here and tried all the various option. Nothing.

On 22/04/2020 I emailed Customer Service, understanding completely that I wouldn't receive a quick reply. 

I received a reply on 29/04/2020 with options to try. I tried these, they didn't work, so I replied and advised them of this. 

I received further emails with further options to try on 30/04/2020, 01/05/2020, 08/05/2020. None of these options have worked. i still can't use my new Fitbit - my young nephews saved up their pocket money to contribute to the vouchers I was given and which I used on this. 

Please advise if I have wasted the vouchers I've been sent. I have tried linking it to my phone, my laptop and my kindle and it doesn't pair with any of them. 

I understand fully about the issues with contact at the moment - I'm a keyworker myself. But surely, 3 weeks from when I first made contact, over 2 weeks since I first received a reply is starting to be beyond understanding. This is the 3rd Fitbit I've owned. Yes, I had issues with the other two but they were sorted literally within a matter of days. Surely there must be a solution to this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem with my Inspire HR I ordered from Fitbit.com on 05/02/2020.  When I received the device on 05/12/2020, I could not complete the setup.  After contacting FitBit customer service, I was issued a Return Authorization to return the defective device - and pay the shipping to do so! 

Needless to say, I was disappointed with the whole process.  After my disappointing experience with the help desk, I went to my local WalMart during my lunch hour, purchased another Inspire HR (at a lesser price), successfully completed the setup and synced to my FitBit app.  All in less than one hour.  I have returned the defective device and am now awaiting a credit refund.  I wonder how long that will take.

Best Answer
0 Votes