Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running without iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What kind of data can I get if I run without iPhone?

Can I see my pacing and the distance during my run? I do cross-country, so I would like to know the numbers during the run. I know for sure I can get those numbers after I get home and connect to an iPhone, what about during the run?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @itsJustYvonne and a warm welcome.  If you want to get those stats, you need to use the Exercise app on your Inspire HR and you must have your phone with you when you run.  If you run without your phone, you will get an auto-recognized run.  An auto-recognized run does not give pace or splits.

When you run with the Exercise app and your phone (you need the phone GPS to calculate distance),  you can set your Inspire HR screen so you see your moment-to-moment pace on the watch face as you are running.

I am including a link to the Inspire HR manual to help you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @itsJustYvonne and a warm welcome.  If you want to get those stats, you need to use the Exercise app on your Inspire HR and you must have your phone with you when you run.  If you run without your phone, you will get an auto-recognized run.  An auto-recognized run does not give pace or splits.

When you run with the Exercise app and your phone (you need the phone GPS to calculate distance),  you can set your Inspire HR screen so you see your moment-to-moment pace on the watch face as you are running.

I am including a link to the Inspire HR manual to help you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! 

I'm also trying to find answers to the question above because I've been testing it and I am getting pace per km, distance etc. whilst running without my phone on me.

I have the Inspire HR and so what I do is: open my Fitbit App to ensure the Fitbit is "synched live" if you will, then I start the Training > Running function on my Inspire HR and I start my run (from inside my house haha) but it seems to give me distance, pace and time once I'm back from a 5 km run (but it does not show where I've ran on a map). Can someone verify if this is a new update? Coincidence? (Because it seems quite accurate)

Thanks in advance:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think this is the new update.

My theory is that Fitbit calculates the distance and pace using your stride length and time. It has a default stride length value for your height, but you can change it.

It doesn't show you where you went because it doesn't have GPS.

Best Answer
0 Votes