Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps with walker

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use a walker and Inspire HR does not seems to count steps accurately.  Any suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Scbarb  since the Inspire HR is wrist based, it relies on your moving your arms to recognize steps. A few who have posted on the forums stated they would put the Fitbit on the walker frame or in a bag attached to it, in order to get the steps to show up. Is that something you could do?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Scbarb  since the Inspire HR is wrist based, it relies on your moving your arms to recognize steps. A few who have posted on the forums stated they would put the Fitbit on the walker frame or in a bag attached to it, in order to get the steps to show up. Is that something you could do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sure can try attaching to walker or in bag.
Doesn't make a lot of sense since LED lights won't have skin contact.
Any other suggestions
Best Answer
0 Votes

You might want to wear the Fitbit when you don't need to use the walker and especially at night when you're sleeping. It's not a perfect solution, but it might help you to regain some of your steps. When I push a shopping cart, I lose steps, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Gonna try it on ankle when going for long walks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning @Scbarb ! That's a good idea. Let us know how that works for you. Sounds like you have a plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Putting fitbit on ankle definitely gives me more steps and other stuff seems to work too, heart rate, sleep etc.  So from now on it is ankle wearing to get accurate reading.  Just need slightly long band.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad you were able to work out something that suits your needs. It may help others in a similar situation. Thanks for letting us know @Scbarb 

Best Answer
0 Votes