Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes disappearing!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Earlier today I did a home work out after which my watch showed 13 active minutes. 

Later on I noticed my watch then said zero active minutes. 

I have just been for a walk and on my return the watch said 35 active minutes. 

I've just tried to sync and both app and watch again say zero. 

It's not a massive deal but I do like to keep track of days I've done half an hours worth, and that's 45+ minutes not recorded.

(My hours of 250 steps have not synced to the app either, and my calories burned are unusually low for the step count. Maybe there are general issues with Fitbit today?)

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

@SunsetRunner did the minutes disappear from Fitbit app as well? What about if you go to Dashboard on Fitbit.com? Is the data there? This might be buggy sync-back to your Versas Today app and not a case of missing data.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply but it gave me false hope! Still no minutes or active hours. 

Frustrating as I've met my goals every day since starting otherwise. 

There's a huge gap in heart rate data which isn't good enough for the price paid (watch was not loose or anything, it worked in the morning and the evening!) but explains why calories night not show. My 10 active hours were showing on the watch though, and active minutes did briefly too so it doesn't explain either of those being missing. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner You say there is a gap in HR recording? If HR is not being recorded properly there will be no active minutes, or calories or sleep for that period of time. Can you post screenshots of HR recordings from Fitbit mobile app? For now, go to Settings on your Versa, scroll down to Heart Rate and toggle ON/OFF/ON with a reboot of the tracker in-between (press and hold the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes). If this does not help, you will have to restore tracker to factory defaults (perform a factory reset). I will guide you through this process if needed. Good luck.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

So the minutes showing on the watch after the tracked exercise won't stay when there's no evidence heart rate was high enough. I get that I guess, although it failing for most of a day at a week old is bad in itself. (Watch was not removed, strap not adjusted etc)

It worked OK yesterday, the short gap in the evening is when it was charging. If it were to keep happening I would be returning the device anyway so will just keep fingers crossed on that. 

It still counted steps though so it should still have recorded the active hours right?Screenshot_20190113-082336_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've got the same problem. It was saying 61 minutes activities, later on 0, I've reset it but it wont register. I even recorded it as an activity. Help?!

Best Answer

Same thing happening to me. Starting this morning my Versa didn't update my sleep nor register active minutes (of which I had quite a few!!). I toggled my HR on my Versa and restarted. What now????

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Mine displays similarly. It doesn't mean it is a gap. Just tap at it and it should display the zoomed recording (as a curve on the blue background). Please post screenshots of that.

@Slkirky @corgipippin Can you please post heart rate recordings? Also, re disappearing Active minutes, are they missing from Fitbit app and Fitbit.com as well? Re sleep stages, do you have bedtime presets set up? If yes clear them and sync. They're known to cause issues.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Friday.Friday.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner now, that's what I call a gap. This is also a reason why you're missing the stats you mentioned. What I do not understand is why it records HR only at night (late evening to mid morning)? Could it be that your tracker's battery was low? Could it be that the band was loose? Have you tried toggling the heart rate ON/OFF and rebooting the tracker? If you did try all of these, you might have to perform a factory reset (restore tracker to factory defaults). This will wipe your Versa, so please sync first. You will also need to delete your tracker from the Fitbit account (in the Fitbit mobile app) and your Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings. You can perform factory reset by going to Settings on your Versa, scrolling down to About and tapping Factory Reset. Once Versa resets to factory defaults, you will need to set it up again by adding it as a new device in the Fitbit mobile app. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I said, it worked fine the next day. And the day before! So I don't feel the need to do any of those things, but It was no looser when it stopped working than when it was working, or for the day prior. So I will just watch out for future malfunctions. 

It also doesn't explain why the watch showed minutes before they disappeared, how did it know without HR data? Or where the hours of 250 steps went. Every time I click that tile, the history data seems to come and go (just Friday never comes at all). 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner could it be that you lost heart rate data as well? That it was actually measured so were other stats (you could see them on the tracker) but during sync they got lost? That would explain why they disappeared from Versa as well as the tracker syncs back and forth. Do observe, but from what you're describing it seems it's not a hardware issue but a case of lost data.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

The active hours did not disappear from the watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner because active hours are step based (250 steps per hour) not active minutes based. Your calories, sleep and active minutes are dependent on heart rate.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which is why I said the heart rate being missing doesn't explain that not syncing over. 

If data going missing between watch and app means the app then sends blank data back to the watch (that depends on heart rate) I can understand it, although be frustrated by it and wonder why I spent so much money on something so unreliable.

But where did those steps go? The total step count did not change. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner this is getting confusing. I think a proper term would be data lost. Saying it did not get synced might be wrong (I don't know). If I understood correctly, you had all the stats on the watch, then sync back and forth happened and you lost everything but total steps and steps per hour which do not show in your app. You can try tapping on active hours tile in the app to see if it refreshes. At this point, I would just keep an eye on the data.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me yesterday.  I had a total of 40 active minutes from walking at lunch (around noon) and by the evening, those active minutes disappeared from both my Versa and the app.  Interesting that your issue also appears to have happened on a different day but around the same time of day.

Best Answer

I am having exactly the same problem. Active minutes disappeared in front of my eyes during sync. My app says I was 40 minutes in fat burn zone while wrist versa say fat burn was only 20 minutes. How is that possible? So far I have not encounter this error  but after last update i noticed few days with 15000+ steps and only few active minutes... 

Best Answer

So I noticed this issue happened over a year ago. No fix? No fitbit tech support reply? It's happening to my versa 2 now.

Best Answer

Same here.  I watched my active minutes actually roll back during my workout this morning. After about 25 minutes the active minutes were pretty accurate.  15 minutes later I looked again and the active minutes were now 17 minutes.  Another 10 minutes passed and the active minutes were now at 42 minutes.  I finished my workout (75 minutes by the clock on my wall) and the active minutes read 38 minutes.  WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?

Best Answer