Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one that loves my Versa???

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I decided to come on here to see how to track my period cycle and through the comments and threads I can see that feature isn't available yet. While browsing I saw so many complaints and issues with the new Vera. I have had mine for a week now and I don't have any complaints. I wish I could see emails come through, but everything else has been great!

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

I was loving mine until battery life plummeted for no reason 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was initially quite frustrated with the versa. I had a charge hr for 1.5 years and charge 2 for 2 years (preordered) and had no problems whatsoever. And so I didn't expect to come across so many problems with the versa. I had to return the first versa because the strap was broken right out of box. And then when I tried to set up the second one the Fitbit app wasn't working so i had trouble setting it up. 

But now that the app seems to be fixed, I'm really liking the versa. I like that I can look at the clock face and easily see what the temperature is outside to plan my wardrobe for the day. I like seeing all my stats as I'm running by just lifting my arm. I'm super happy I can now get whatsapp notifications now as charge 2 couldn't do it. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. However, I am still considering whether or not to get an Apple Watch instead. Seeing so many people have issues with their versa is making me nervous that issues may come up with mine down the road. Apple Watch just seems to be better quality and have better technical support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also like my Versa very much - switched from Charge 2 and there is simply nothing Versa would not be better in. Except for a few minor baby issues (which, I am sure, will be fixed in next FW releases) I am really very satisfied and do not regret buying it for a second.

Best Answer
I too am chuffed with it....except my watches battery life. Such great potential but I am disappointed right now....hoping it's just a problem with my particular unit as I will get a replacement hopefully. I have had next to no apps and barely any of its features running on it to try and save battery life....which defeats the object of having one I believe. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I love mine too, I'm just having issues I figure fitbit is already aware of and trying to fix such as syncing, ghost exercises, and disappearing stats. Kinda frustrating but fitbit is fairly new to the smartwatch game. Get the clue app in your fitbit it'll track your period, PMS, and fertility. It's great so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love it too...! Until it told me I did 20 floors in my sleep😂 there's inaccuracies, and there's apparent sleep stair master. And no, steps do not reflect actual stairs taken. I was at less than 20 steps when I finally got up this morning, so i'm fine with the rolling over being counted as a few steps, but apparently I fly in my sleep...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most people love the Versa. There is a very small amount of people who are visiting these forums for help. There are always going to be a tiny % of faulty units no matter which company releases a product. Nothing is 100% perfect in the tech world. This is a help forum where people come to when they have issues and need to be helped. There are also alot of Trolls on this site which is very easy to spot. 

Best Answer

I am enjoying my Versa. Seems inconsistent with notifications. With latest update, I hope for better performance. The forum is helpful and tech support is responsive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Uberdunk wrote:

I was loving mine until battery life plummeted for no reason 

You probably have a clock face that is draining the battery faster than normal. My wifes Versa gets a full 4 days and she is very active. No issues in 2 weeks so far. 

Best Answer

My battery when I first bought it was lasting 4-5 days.  Even with activity.  Recently I started being even more active and downloaded the watch with the virtual pet.  I still get 2.5 - 3.5 days of battery life.  I love my Versa.  I have been getting "ghost" floors but that doesn't mean anything to me as I never really kept track of them anyway.

Best Answer

I am just setting up my Versa now, but I wear a Flex2 around my leg for this reason! Smiley Very Happy

Edit: I thought I would quote someone who said they walked all over the supermarket and the Fitbit on their hand did not log a single step because they were pushing a cart.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No clock face....only original face which was switched off...unless button pressed.  I have a new versa now. In principal I think it's a great watch....slim, easy to read etc....just battery life was a problem...wil see what The replacement is like. 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes.....cannit complain about tech support except a little patronising at first . I have been sent a new watch now so I am pleased they have tried to sort it that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kcronin wrote:
I'm actually getting "ghost" steps when I type on my computer and then
place my left arm back in my lap. My own fault. Stair flights have "ghost"
problems too but I ignore them. I understand the limitations of the
altimeter present in the Versa and take all the measurements with a boulder
of salt. I completely agree that a Versa or any other tracker will give
you a ballpark number to work with. I'm not competitive and I'm not
training for a race. If I was, I might be hoping for more exacting data.
But, for me, my Versa is just right.

Unfortunately I'm one of the users that picks up several thousand mystery ghost steps.  Mine seems to happen when sitting on the charger overnight.  I'll get up in the morning and see the several thousand accumulated unaccounted steps.  When viewing the step graph, these steps don't show up but are still sync'd up as actual data.  This is unfortunate because other than that I love the Versa.  It's very lightweight and comfortable to wear.  It has successfully recognized and logged all of my exercise routines (walking, running, elliptical).  The sleep feature although not entirely accurate (it sometimes thinks I'm still sleeping when unfortunately I'm awake) is uncanny in nailing the rem/dream stages.  Likewise, the heart rate indicator can be off (no I really don't think my heart rate hit 210 while running) but these are all limitations I can accept on a consumer sensor device worn on the wrist and overall it's just been a fun, engaging experiencing.  Unfortunately though the several thousand mystery steps is a fatal flaw on such a core function and I'm going to return it tomorrow.  I may try my luck again and this time purchase thru the Fitbit store where I can get 45 days instead of two weeks to evaluate it.

I am curious on how the heck it is going to track women's menstrual activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I loved my Versa for 3 weeks, but now I cannot sync with my phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd love it if it worked. 

I've got endless syncing problems, constant disconnects, random resets/glitches and it takes a minimum of an hour to actually do anything (e.g., change watch face) due to all these problems. 

On top of that, I've now started getting "ghost" steps while charging. 5-6,000 last night. 

I've been on support twice. The first time was not at all helpful (and I was told my device was "fixed" when nothing had changed or fixed), and the second time it took so long to factory reset and re-sync my watch the chat person ended the chat and sent me an email with a link on how to use the wallet, even though that wasn't actually the problem.

The resetting today was the final straw. It's going back. Just deciding if I'll try an exchange or just get my money back. 

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do love it but I don't like this whole development where tech companies push out stuff that people have to pay full price for to essentially beta test until firmware/other updates fix or add basic functions. Imagine buying your next car like this: "oh yeah, the brakes? we're working on those, hold on"

Best Answer

@StanMR - I agree... A couple of minor things here and there is fine, but it appears a similar set of problems around syncing etc are quite widespread. Which unfortunately leaves a distinct impression of them not being prepared or tested thoroughly. 

want to love mine, and when it works, I do. When it takes 2 hours to change a watchface... Not so much... 

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I posted as I wanted help to fix my versa....as I said I think it's great little unit....dead easy to read which us primary for me...looks and feels great and records lots of different data. The fitbit team ran through different diagnostic tests and could not resolve the problem so it would seem to be a faulty unit ...and as you say nothing is perfect and also when you buy a new to the market thing it will have teething problems. I now have a new unit which I charged 2 1/2 days ago and its still 55% so i am very pleased with that. The last one would be that over night. I do ultimately really like my versa and enjoy how it motivates me and I am pleased overall with fitbit as a company for resolving my problem. 

Best Answer

Haha maybe you sleep walk 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes