Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Band issues with Versa 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried several different aftermarket bands so I can change colors and have more options than just my Fitbit bands but all of them break at the clasp. The soft part of the band comes loose from the piece that goes into the watch. So I don't have many choices on the soft bands other than my two Fitbit bands. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it just me or have I just got dud brands? Also since I only have two colors for my Fitbit bands I was looking at the woven bands. Can you wear those in the same way as the infinity bands? I have never tried them before and usually leave my band on all the time until I change colors, which is weeks not every day so I wanted to know if a woven band can be worn the same way. 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Kstell You can wear the woven bands all the time, but it is not recommended that you wear them swimming or shower in them. The paler ones tend to get grubby after a while I found.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you! I will try one out in that case. I usually take my watch off to shower and I'm not a swimmer, so that's perfect for me. My only concern is sweat on the treadmill and sleep. lol! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sweat shouldnt bother it. I hooe it works for you!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the Fitbit Versa 3 for only 3 weeks and my skin that has touched the silicone band looks like it has been burnt ?  It sounds like the same problem you have had.  I have approached Fitbit and their solution is to give me a refund.  That's all well and good but I want to stay with Fitbit and would like another option eg a different band but that was not an option with Fitbit.

I also wondered how many people have had the same issue with the Silicone bands but can't get an answer to that question with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply! It was the same for me ! There was no option for a new band ! Very disappointing by Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

silicone bands that almost every human has allergic reactions to

A bit of an exaggeration, @SunsetRunner , since literally millions of people wear Fitbit, Garmin and Apple wearables with no problem. But I understand the allergy can be frustrating. 

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to make a band that will bypass all allergies and contact dermatitis. But you have many options! Have you checked Amazon? They offer many inexpensive bands of different materials, including leather, metal, woven material (my favorite) and more. A word of advice, only order bands available for 1 or 2 day delivery. I waited weeks for a couple bands to literally arrive on a slow boat from China. They were not good quality. Just my two cents. 

Best Answer

I think my original post was misunderstood. I don't have an issue with the silicone bands from Fitbit, or any irritation on my skin. I have bought several on Amazon to have more color choices and they all break apart where the band connects to the watch. I was hoping there were some options that were more durable since there are only two colors from Fitbit that I like, I have the black and white one. I like gray and other colors too but can't find the aftermarket ones for the Versa 3 that hold up like they did on my older Versas. I think it's just hit or miss with aftermarket ones I have one that held up well and the rest came apart in a couple of weeks. The original Fitbit bands do fine, just too few colors for me. lol!

Best Answer

Hi @Kstell - my answer was directed to someone else who posted here after you. As for your question regarding bands from Amazon, I’ve learned to only purchase bands that offer one or two day delivery. In my experience, they are of much better quality and easier to return. Here are some bands I’ve found that hold up well:

Yes, I love to have different bands in different colors! I own both the Versa 3 and the Sense. The bands are interchangeable for the two. Good news for me! 

Best Answer

I have found I am having the same issue. Yesterday my Fitbit came off inside my car and now I am having issues in finding it under my seat.. When I put the band on it is fine and then starts coming apart about 3-4 weeks after I put on a new one. Going to try some of the suggestions from others on this post about which bands to use. I still have my Blaze and never had any issues with any of my Fitbit products until now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem with the original band and an Amazon replacement. Now I have an excellent and I expensive leather band from Amazon. Couldn’t be happier.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @jvargovich@Weaber Welcome to the community forums. @Weaber Thank you very much for your input. 

@jvargovich Thank you very much for the detailed information and I hope you can find your Versa 3 soon. If not, please follow the steps suggested in this help article: What should I do if I lose my Fitbit device?

In regards with the wristband, I'd recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal. Click here to get connected. 

In addition, please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've owned at least 4 Fitbits over the years and never had a reaction to any of the wristbands until I got this Versa3.  I don't know what they changed but I have the same issue.  Ordered a cloth band. Hopefully that works because I really like this Fitbit.  I seriously thought about switching brands but wanted to try the Versa3. Love it other than the rash it gave me 

Best Answer
0 Votes