Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain When manually shut down

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night at 11:12 PM I turned my Fitbit off, my battery life was at 53%. Well this morning at 11am I turned it back on, btw of pressing all the buttons because it doesn’t turn on by pressing 1 button anymore, My Fitbit didn’t turn on so I plugged it in only to find out my battery life was at zero. Can anybody help me resolve this issue

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hello @NativeLady, welcome back to the Community forums. Sorry of the late response. 

Thank you for the information provided regarding the battery life of the Versa that is draining too fast. 

If this is related to the battery, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

If the device is charging, but the screen is completely black, make sure that you've also completed the restart procedure described here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Please keep me posted on the outcome.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavideFitbit this is a new issue for the original Versa since the last update. In the past shutting down the device (as suggested in the link you sent) would preserve the battery (for one day there would be practically no battery loss) however since the last update shutting down the device for one day  is a guaranteed battery drain to 0%

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me last night. And I am annoyed by it. I forgot to pack my charger. I ordered a new one and waiting for it to be delivered. With a full charge last night, it went down to 6% when I switched it on this morning. I thought I will buy myself some time by shutting it down manually and only using it during the day while waiting for the replacement charger to arrive. 

Best Answer

Hello @cynbadd @zarunner, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for sharing that you've been having the same problem with the battery draining too fast after the last update and that you've tried the suggested steps previously. 

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know about te outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

This happened to me repeatedly lately. I see the battery becomes zero once I out it into shut down. I even charged it 100% the second time before shutdown. It went to zero again overnight when I tried turning it back on. This is a real issue that needs to be fixed.

Best Answer

Same problem .. Still not resolved, even after doing a factory reset, changing the clock face,...

All this happened after making the last update.

Best Answer

I've reached out to Fitbit directly through Email. Fitbit has replied and has come to this conclusion:

"Giving that the basic troubleshooting steps aren't solving the issue, we will consider this as a defective device and move ahead and check the warranty options. In order to gather as much information, we would like to know the following:

• Where did you purchase the Fitbit Versa?"

With no warranty, I've decided to leave the Fitbit family and move on to iWatch. 

i want to say Thank You Fitbit for everything, I did love my Fitbit.  

Best Answer

I am also facing the same issue, very irritating stuff.

Best Answer
What is the procedure for rollback?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unbelievable! Same happened to everyone, including mine, but Fitbit just refused to acknowledge and do something about the last flawed update! Really pushing their customers away with both hands, aren't they?

Best Answer

I suspect this has to do with some battery intensive algorithm for Versa to monitor the new boot-up procedures after the last update - need to press and hold 3 buttons now (as compared to just pressing the left button in the past) to start Versa from shutdown state.

I also noticed the current battery drainage rate is much higher when I shutdown my Versa as compared to just leaving it ON. For example, if I leave my 90% battery Versa ON overnight, I'll get about 70% the next morning. But when I shutdown my Versa overnight, then I get only 40% left when I first turned it ON the next morning. 

@Fitbit / @DavideFitbit - Please fix this battery drainage bug or provide procedures to roll-back the last update. Thanks.

Best Answer

Can you give feedback in this topic about the status of this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Battery Drain problem due to firmware update has been escalated and reported to Fitbit end of January this year already..Discussion was closed by Fitbit..after a while..

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Fitbit-OS-4-1-Firmware-Release-70-7-14/td-p/39319...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The post you link is about the firmware upgrade. In this post is also mentioned that if there are more issues, make a new topic. 

I just see in this topic there are multiple people still suffering this issue. So I would like

Fitbit to give an update about this issue

Best Answer

VERSION 32.70.7.14 was the last update and that's the one I believe is giving many a problem.  I have no idea why the thread was closed as the problem seems to be on going.  Usual metrics indicate that for every 1 person that comes to post there are 100 or more that just didn't take the time to come here and post or just read the post and moved on.  An equal number of people don't realize they have a problem or just couldn't be bothered.  I rely on my device for various reasons and not only is the battery an issue I find the heart beat count to be off by as much as 20 beats.  To work around the battery issue I never turn my device off and make sure it never goes below 25% battery life.  As for the beat count,  I've tested it various ways to confirm the count is off by 20 beats.  Clearly there is a battery issue because if I turn it off it will lose 30% battery life and that's while it's off.   Will Fitbit fix remains to be seen.  

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit chat support and as expected, they'll recommend battery saving tips, battery drainage tests to confirm, and lookup Fitbit Community for other suggestions, etc.

But when asked if they're aware of these widely discussed firmware issues, the answer is No.

And when asked if they will escalate the battery tests results to Product/Firmware team, the answer is also No, because they have totally no contacts with Product/Firmware team!

So why are the Support team asking every Owner to spend time to do all the tests and steps when they have no idea how to handle the results, not to mention they can easily duplicate the issue at their end by updating brand new Versas with the latest firmware!

Have Fitbit even acknowledge the issue the first place?

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit can you please give us an update about this issue in the latest firmware? Is this issue known by the development team?

Would be nice to get updated about this

Best Answer

You've reached call center technical support.  Many of them have never even seen a fitbit and they are reading to you from script of possible answers and steps they were given.  They can only tell you what they where told to say.

Best Answer

That is so True, but it was such a pain I’ve decided to upgrade to an iWatch. And you know what!? My problem is Solved!! 

Best Answer