Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I control music from my phone with Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone help - I know you can store and play music on the watch itself on the Versa (like the Ionic) ... but what I need to know is can I control music playing on my phone from the watch (like my Blaze does). I need to have my phone connected via aux to stereo in my fitness classes and stop/start my tracks from across the room. Really want it ... but this is my deciding point. Ta

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
61 REPLIES 61
Yes, you can control it while you have your Bluetooth headphones connected.
I do it all the time like that when I’m working out.
Best Answer

Perhaps its an Android version problem or something, but with the latest Versa software, connected to Versa (Classic) with Google Play Music on my Pixel 2 with the latest OS release I cannot ever get the music controls to come up.

I've gone so far as to reboot, connect them fresh and try.

Best Answer

This is awesome! I still had to contact support but didn't realize I still needed to swipe left after my bank card appeared on the screen (I paid the extra few dollars to have the Versa that offers that feature). So far I can at least see the music now. Hopefully the representative can help me figure out how to skip songs. Interestingly enough, he actually initially told me that the only way that this could be done with a Versa anyway is by downloading music. It was because of this forum that I was able to let him know that it is possible and for him to ask a co-worker. After being on hold, miraculously he returned with the step-by-step instructions! 

All in all, by the time he had me reset my watch and my iPhone, now I can pause music, but can't play it again from my watch and I still am unable to select songs throughout my playlist. To that his response was, "Actually, I have been informed that our engineers are working on this." I had to inquire if I would be notified once a resolution had been reached and if so, the type of notification I would receive. 

I'm just glad that there is an option, though it seems to be buried...Admittedly, if this was something in the manual, I had no idea since I never have read any of them! 🙂

Any-who, thanks again for sharing your knowledge and expertise!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you able to connect your versa to spotify or only music in your phone? Also, when you connect your versa as bluetooth classic my phone connects only as input device, not audio device....any solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here .it's paired, it's connected, music is playing but no controls .

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
Hold down the single button on the left a screen will pop up swip right then a screen will come up that says music controls then push the 3 little dots then another screen will pop up touch the little phone icon then open your Spotify app then you can control your music starting and stoping and skipping just like the blaze did! Good luck! Mine works great!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

So with the help of this thread, I finally got my Amazon Music App to be able to be controlled on the versa on my Samsung S7, but it took a few weird steps.

I did all the blue tooth pairing with Versa Classic, changed output settings to phone, launched the Amazon music app from my phone, but still nothing.  I'm not sure if this helped, but I wanted to see if it would be able to control something else from my phone and I realized I don't have a music player since I'm always using the Amazon music app.  So I downloaded the Samsung music player.  Following the instructions again, and making sure again the output was set to my phone, the music controls finally came up on my versa.  Then I launched the Amazon music app, and my versa switched to controlling music from the app instead of the samsung music player. 

Since I downloaded the Samsung music player, I don't have to launch that first.  I can just launch Amazon Music app, then control.  But here's the other finicky thing - sometimes I still can't see the controls even though I have the right output setting to my phone.  If I toggle and select the other option, then RESELECT the output as phone, the music controls are there.  This has been a consistent "fix" if the music controls are missing if I did all the other steps (pairing) already.  Pairing each time with bluetooth before a workout is a pain, but at least I got the thing to work. 

Best Answer

Thanks a heap!! I just replaced my Blaze that overheated and went grey screen on me! The feature I loved was being able to control the songs I listen to from my Fitbit while working out. 

I would love to see an iTunes app for Fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That song is one of my favourite! 

The instructions were great! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@madelief wrote:

@StephenR

I got it to work!

1. hold the left button of the versa.

2. Swipe right so you go to the left page of the screen on your versa.

3. Select your phone as the output source. 

4. When your Bluetooth is on and your music on the phone is playing.. you hold the left button again. Then you should be able to see music controls.

Then it should work. 

THANK YOU!! I’ve been been so annoyed with the versa because I thought i lost the ability to control my Bluetooth speaker with my watch like I couldn’t use with my blaze!

🙌🙌life saver!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how it worked but it finally did after 2 hours.  Seems to me that you can't do anything until you pair with the versa classic.  Took hours for my phone to discover it, still don't know what I did to make it find it.  Now I am listening to google play on my headphones!  Managed to connect to headphones and speaker at the same time.  This would be easier if Fitbit would put google music app on their Versa, Gah! 

Best Answer

Thank you so much.. ;):):)

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work on the IONIC and hasn't for MONTHS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This helped right away! Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. The real answer here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the Notifications setting in your app and allow notifications from your music app. You'll get a notification on the Versa - select that and you'll have options for previous/next etc.

I'm just changing over from my Pebble 2 and I have to say this is _very_ clunky compared to the music app there. I hope the Pebble guys can show their new bosses how to get this right.

Best Answer

Really thought allowing notifications from the Spotify app was going to solve my problem.. 

I have followed all the steps named here by almost everyone.

I managed to FINALLY pair my HTC phone with both, Versa Classic and my headphones, via bluetooth, but I can't make the Music Controls to show up in my watch. It just keeps saying "Start playing music on your phone" Smiley Mad

Any more ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok ok. I thing I got it.

It shows me Spotify as a notification.. not as the other pictures posted here.

And it has to be paired FIRST phone-Versa for the notification to show up. THEN phone-headphones.

TOO MUCH WORK!

Best Answer

Your description is so

much clearer than the one on the website. Thank you so much!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

this worked but the control functions still don't work. Any fix for that?

Best Answer
0 Votes