Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove the PIN code on my Versa 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys,

I want to remove the wallet pin from my versa 3 but only seem to be able to change it which is pretty annoying, any ideas how to remove it completely??

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Do you have any credit cards on it?  If so, I think you have to have a PIN.  Imagine the outcry if a tracker got left behind at a bar or McDonalds and somebody started charging to that card with no PIN protecting it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Gemini1974, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 3 has been locked, I understand where your concern is coming from. I'll be glad to help you.

I'm agree with @Itsameee, we know is safer to have a pin code for users who use Fitbit Pay.

That being said, keep in mind that if you set up Fitbit Pay, the device lock is turned on automatically and you’re prompted to set a code. For more information on how to use Fitbit Pay, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

You must enter your PIN code at least once a day. Your Fitbit device prompts you to enter your PIN code based on your device lock setting:

• Enabled: Each time you put your device on your wrist.
  • Enabled for Fitbit Pay: First time you make a payment after your put your device back on your wrist.

Note that your card issuer may require you to re-enter your PIN code to authorize a payment. To change the device lock setting:

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab> your profile picture > your device image.
  2. Tap Device Lock.
  3. Tap to change your device lock setting.

For more detailed information, see: How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I don't have a card on it, I just wish to remove the pin and NOT set up Fitbit pay, how can I remove the pin please

Get BlueMail for Android
Best Answer

Hi there @Itsameee, thanks for getting back and for the details shared. 

I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. They will be able to work with and help you to remove the PIN code on your Versa 3. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since our support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi-  i have the same issue-    I don't have a card.  I may have once yet think it's removed.  I don't want to have enter a pin multiple times a day when there's no need for a pin code. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JayItsMe, welcome on board. I'm sorry to hear you're also having the same issue with your Versa 2, I understand how you must be feeling about having to enter the pin multiple times a day when there's no need.

I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a versa 3 not 2
Thanks

Get BlueMail for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you had a reply to how to disable the pin code on Versa 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've checked the fitbit app and the settings on the Versa 3 and find no option for removing this pin. 

Two options I can think of. 

• As @MarreFitbit points out, set the pin for Fitbit Pay only. Since neither of you use fitbit pay, you will never be asked to enter your pin. 
  • Option 2 do a factory reset 
Best Answer

I have the same issue why is there no option to remove the pin 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be a question for fitbit. 

Not sure why anyone would enable the pin unless they use Fitbit Pay, then I enable the pin only for fitbit pay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes