Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can personal music be stored on Versa 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hope that Versa3 could have enough space to store 300+ personal music on its own rom

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

I'm super surprised and disappointed. This is my first smartwatch and I took it for granted I could store music on it (especially because the Versa 3 is advertised with its 4GB storage!).

Please include this feature as soon as possible, either just to store mp3 files on the watch or to download Spotify playlists.

If there's not even a respond of Fitbit to this insane flaw, I'll probably send it back and get an apple watch.

Best Answer

Has anyone checked out "Tunepat" , a program that converts a Spotify music format to mp3 format in order to transfer music files to the Versa? I just found it while Googling Versa 3 music storage. Not sure if applies here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, It is a must-have 

Best Answer

As the Windows 10 app no longer recognises the Versa 3/Sense you cannot transfer mp3's to the watch like you could with the Versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree that was a stupid move by Fitbit to not be able to store personal music on the Versa 3!! 

They are forcing you to pay for cloud services instead which is just stupid!!

I I knew this, I would not have bought the Versa 3.

Best Answer

This was a shame, but i knew this before buying a versa 3. I don't use any music streaming services, so im just going to use the media controls that the watch offers while im going for a walk. made no sense to include GPS but remove adding some music. what gives fitbit?

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing Fitbit Versa 3 to storage your personal music. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. I'd suggest adding your comment and vote to this feature: Music storage on Sense/Versa 3If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Have a nice day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Such a shame I've never had a fitness tracker but this year I am currently looking for one. My family uses fitbits so I was interested in purchasing one until doing some research  and this comment explains exactly why I may not be purchasing a fitbit. Why spend over $200 on a tracker that doesn't do what it should especially being the next edition yet seems like they went backwards a few steps by eliminating the button, personal alarms & not allowing to add music. I was really interested in a tracker with GPS such as this one but what's the use if I still need my phone for music?! Or going backwards a model still needing phone for gps. I'll be skipping this round of fitbits and looking into other trackers unless this feature gets added hope fitbit can put out a notification or update to users or people interested in purchasing one to let us know if this maybe a future possibility or its a hard no.. But for me right now without this feature and no information purchasing a fitbit tracker will be a no. Fitbit please provide some information on this issue of adding your own music to the versa 3 and sense and let us know if your working on adding this feature or not. Thank you for taking the time to read my long comment.

Best Answer

I'm glad I did a quick search and found this as I was just about to upgrade from my Versa 2 to a Versa 3, mostly for the added GPS function. Finding out that it doesn't support music in the same way is an absolute deal-breaker though, and I won't be buying one. I'll stick with my Versa 2 for now and think about switching to another brand later if forced, paid subscriptions are the way Fitbit is going.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to have your phone with you. That being the case why bother going through the watch. Just because it's a cool techy thing or something? Cool techy things are actually cool techy things. Not needless techy things like the pop-up window that interrupted this message, probably for a "survey". 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love being able to store music on my Versa 2, allowing me to leave my phone behind during workouts and commuting.  I was contemplating upgrading to the Versa 3, but losing the Music App would be a deal-breaker for me.  Bad decision Fitbit!

Best Answer

Understood.  Not happy about it, but I understand.

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  Not cool!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad I found out before I purchased the Versa 3.  So close...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Longtime Fitbit User: I am considering upgrading to the Versa 3. I just read that the Music app is no longer a thing. I love having music on my Versa 2 (Music APP, not Deezer or Pandora). Please make it available through an update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does loading Spotify or deezer  music onto the versa 3 involve stripping the DRM off the songs?  Or does the Fitbit have to support DRM?

Back in the day, I found public libraries carrying Adobe Digital Editions a royal pain, especially when I changed devices as you are limited to a set number of devices and the same may be true with Fitbits.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am about to return my husbands versa 3 after finally converting him to a Fitbit due to only storing music trough channels he doesn’t want (Deeza, Spotify etc). Why would you shoot yourself in the foot by removing this app Fitbit 

Best Answer

Hi, I have been a long time wanting to get music storage on my Fitbit along with GPS, but lately I am changing my mind.  I am a recovering patient and even WHEN Fitbit gives us music storage on the Versa 3, I will probably still take my iphone with me incase I need to phone for help.  Yes Fitbit could design in an e-sim, but then the cost would be huge....Apple Watch cost equaling I would bet.

So even healthy folk would probably take their cell phones with them because today we want to stay connected all the time don’t we. So if we take our phones anyway, the lack of music storage on the Fitbit becomes les significant.    Walk on.......and on and on...

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you don't to strip DRM to load Spotify or Deezer.  The apps for those two services are on your tracker, so they work with the DRM (as long as you pay the subscription fee).

Best Answer
0 Votes