Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't clear notifications (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 6/5

Hey there, Versa Fam!

Thanks so much for your patience with this issue of clearing notifications from the watch. Our team has identified a fix for this that will release in a future firmware update. 

I'm not sure when the next firmware update will be rolled out, just know it should include the fix for this. In the meantime, please give your Versa a restart if you have trouble "clearing all" the notifications off. After the restart, your notifications will be gone. 

Fitbit Update: 2/27

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to follow-up with you all that have come across any difficulty clearing notifications on their Versa. I've experienced this myself a few times and a restart has always resolved the problem. Please give the watch a restart as your go-to troubleshooting step. 

Our team is aware of this ongoing problem and working on a permanent fix. Please stay subscribed to this thread for future updates on this topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
297 REPLIES 297

4 months and several updates and they still don't clear. The notifications that stick are typically messages from Facebook messenger or email that we deleted or cleared on the phone. The watch doesn't recognize that the message has been opened, followed by the Clear All button failing to clear the fitbit cache.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting works, but the better solution would be a "Clear Messages" button that actually works. Performing workarounds to bugs that have simple fixes just speaks to an inexperienced development team.

Best Answer

Thank you!! I tried resetting a million times and it didn’t work but shutting down completely worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good news for me. Fitbit had a firmware update. Now I can clear notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't get over excited this problem has existed for years. An upgrade shuts down and restarts clearing cache and temporarily fixes problem we've all been here many times before. Post again in a few weeks and let us all know if upgrade really worked.

Best Answer

Yeah, I completely agree...the previous update broke Ring doorbell notifications and gave me Unknown Caller on all incoming calls. They fix one thing and break two others. The app got one star from me and I'm looking into other watches, because simple stuff seems beyond the abilities of this development team. 

Best Answer

Gomcse: I’m just holding off installing the update. My Versa SE is working great other than the notification issue. 

I can live with this as I just watch the notifications as they come in and just look at the latest ones. I’ll clear notifications every now and then, and if the uncleared ones annoy me, I do the shutdown-restart. 

I just don’t want an update that makes  the thing WORSE. I’m watching all comments here, and really appreciate them. 

I had been thinking of getting a Versa 2, but I see there are already complaints there. How can the developers be so inadequate?  

I was a software developer in charge of releases for a series of clinical medical blood analyzers. If we released software with bugs, the FDA would shut us down.

Hoping for a Fitbit corporate improvement. 

Best Answer

When I achieved a level of reasonable stability with the functions that are important to me I turned off all updates, haven't done an update for about 2 months and have a far more stable setup than many in the community,

Prior to retiring I worked in the telecoms/datacoms industry are goals were 5 nines reliability (99.999%)  about 5 minutes outage a year. My versa does not even achieve 99% reliability

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm always happy to see your updates/posts. My issue is not with my Versa Lite watch ... it's with the Fitbit app on my iPhone. The old notifications are what I can't get rid of. People mention a clear all button ... I have no such button. I've turned off all notifications except the low battery, so I'm not getting new notifications ... which is a blessing. Maybe someday!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Why4 and yet this thread is about notifications on the Versa watch. Not notifications on the phone.

I have had no problems clearing notifications on my Versa for weeks now. I updated the Versa firmware as well (twice recently) and experienced no issues whatsoever. The watch is working well.

Best Answer

Also, part of the problem seems to be a cop-out. When something doesn't work, your phone is suddenly on the "incompatible list." How can the #1 phone of its time, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, be on the Incompatible list? It's absurd.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ellie:

Thanks for the information on your Versa working properly after the firmware update.

Did you find any improvements? 

I’ve been holding off due to a lack of confidence so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is working perfectly after the latest update! Thank you,  Fitbit for your support!

Best Answer

Hi Ellie good to see you back on your notification soapbox glad to hear your versa is working ok now so is mine since I stopped doing updates. Seems to me that most people in the community are fitness aware and want to use the fitness functions these people are no longer the target market for fitbit who are focussing on the fashion accessory sector. I have seen many wearing versas with double digit cholesterol who would struggle to do up their shoe laces

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clif: 

Thanks a lot for your good report on the latest firmware update! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! I did not know you could turn it off either. I did what you suggested and it worked. Thank you so much. Nothing else I tried worked and I have had this notification for a week. Thank you so very much!

Best Answer

Restarting the browser works to clear old notifications for me.

But I am having to restart my Fitbit Versa daily to clear notifications.

when will you have this issue resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

I wanted to jump in here and mention a few things. We've now released Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)to all Versa Smartwatch users. This is the newest and latest firmware available for your Fitbit watches. 

If you haven't already, please download it! 

After downloading, on this new OS you should no longer have this problem of clearing off notifications from your watch. Thanks to some of you that have already confirmed on this thread that they're no longer experiencing this with the latest update. Yay! 

I'm now going to close this thread from further comments. If you have any issues with clearing notifications in the future, please open a new thread to report the experience. 

Thanks to all! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer