Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can text size be enlarged?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my Versa and for the most part, it's great.  However; I'm unable to read text easily and this may be a deal breaker.  Is there any way to increase text size?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, I returned my Versa.  I liked everything about it except for this issue.  Why buy a "smartwatch" if the text is too small to read?  There are plenty of fitness trackers out there so for me, this was the deal breaker.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Nope, and those requests go back as far as the release of the Fitbit Blaze.

That definitely proves Fitbit has no intention to add something like that to their software.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer

@LLcdPH wrote:

Just received my Versa and for the most part, it's great.  However; I'm unable to read text easily and this may be a deal breaker.  Is there any way to increase text size?

Hi @LLcdPH,

You can't alter the text size of the menus. However, you can download different clock faces that show your daily stats. You may want to try switching clock faces to find one that has larger text. Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

The black text on a bright white background (in messages) is difficult.  Reversing that (white on black) would make it much easier.

Best Answer
The clock faces are fine. It’s the black text on a white background from messages that is really difficult to read. White on black would be easier.
Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @LLcdPH@Lufalulz and @WavyDavey thanks for stopping by.

As mentioned by our friends, you can't adjust the size of the font in the Versa but you have a lot of clock faces options to select the one that better adapts to you.

Also, I took the liberty and searched for a request like this but didn't find any, feel free to visit our feature suggestions board and share your ideas.

Keep the stepping up. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

For us older folk it is very important to be able to READ notifications. Stop hiding behind the watch face we can all see the time!  but when it comes to notifications a lot of us have bought this smart watch to replace a pebble and that font was very easy to enlarge.  I for one would appreciate your help here or the watch goes back.  This is only day one my tech store has an excellent returns policy.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I returned my Versa.  I liked everything about it except for this issue.  Why buy a "smartwatch" if the text is too small to read?  There are plenty of fitness trackers out there so for me, this was the deal breaker.

Best Answer

Please everyone who has this issue with not being able to read the notifications, go to this link and put in a request. I think many of us will have to switch to a different brand if they don't listen. 

Best Answer

I already have switched.  The Versa is a nice compact fitness/smartwatch that falls short on the "smart" part.   A simple option to increase text size would have been easy.  But, too late now!

Best Answer

Hello.  I am also requesting a feature update to allow users with disabilities to increase the font size of notifications.  It sounded like the user LLcdPH  also found the Versa inaccessible.  It is unfortunate that LLcdPH ended up returning the Versa.  As you suggested, I have posted a feature request on the appropriate board  Please consider this small adjustment that can potentially help many users with accessibility  needs enjoy  the great Fitbit products like Versa.  Thank you for all you do.

Best Answer

Yes!  I have a vision impairment and love the Versa except that there is no way to modify text.  I have an easy to see clock face, but when I am working with my patients, I want to be able to see what my Versa says so I don't have to remove gloves and pull out my phone.  Very disappointed Fitbit has not made this accessibility feature as they are losing many customers!

Best Answer

Yes please, I can see I have one but even with my glasses it's hard to read so end up having to go to phone,  watch great to read even without glasses as downloaded a large font version, 

Best Answer

I too need larger text, think I'll return this as it looks like a waste of time as Fitbit is not willing to update & comply with customers needs. What a shame!!!

Best Answer

WIsh I had the foresight to research Versa issues before I bought one for my wife. While she uses reading glasses, she does not want to have to put them on everytime a notification pops up. Can't read the small font and the Versa will be returned today. Shame, because she does like everything else!

As a former Pebble owner, I agree that this Fitbit version of the Pebble missed the mark on this issue. A great example of what happens when the big guy buys out the little guy. Good-bye to listening to the customer!

Best Answer

How can this issue be considered "solved" when it still isn't possible to increase the text size in messages?  This is a terrible issue with this otherwise great smartwatch.  I think the text size is about 4 points...way too small for my eyes!!

Best Answer

Maybe because owner got a refund or Fitbit is fibbing a little???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not mark this as resolved so I’m assuming Fitbit marked it.  I’m still very frustrated and disappointed in the tiny font size, but don’t think there’s much I can do right now about it.  Thank you to everyone for your help!  

Best Answer

This is Not Solved. This is should be an accessibility feature on every device. Please consider this a neccessary update. Customers will purchase from manufacturers who considerately listen to their needs and implement them. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums @VersainRI@Poopsta@BeRunner, and @fxwrangler! Thanks for sharing your point of view about the size on the texts on the Fitbit Versa's display. Please note that the post marked as solved, means that one of the user's accepted the solution that the person who wrote the post got, not that the feature was released, as this only happens on the Feature Suggestion forum, so please add your votes to the idea of increasing the size font, so our development team can take them in account. 

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer