Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can text size be enlarged?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received my Versa and for the most part, it's great.  However; I'm unable to read text easily and this may be a deal breaker.  Is there any way to increase text size?

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Purchased my Versa Lite yesterday.  I did ask the employee if the font size could be increased. He said yes. Apparently he is incorrect.  I hate to have to pull out a pair of readers when I am working out!!!!

Best Answer

Versa. Can't read steps. Lettering too small, help?

Best Answer

Unfortunately, no.  Changing the background color may help to better visualize your screen as will changing the brightness of the screen.  I would also suggest changing the face to something other than what is provided by Samsung.  I selected an pattern with an large octagon center with four smaller octagons that also display tracking info.  There are many to choose from. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JV3 wrote:

Versa. Can't read steps. Lettering too small, help?

**Unfortunately, no. 
Changing the background color may help to better visualize your screen as will changing the brightness of the screen.  I would also suggest changing the face to something other than what is provided by Samsung.  I selected an pattern with an large octagon center with four smaller octagons that also display tracking info.  There are many to choose from. Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, as far as I could tell, they have no plans to allow increases to the
font size on the Versa, but supposedly that will be an option on future
products. It is TINY!
Best Answer
0 Votes

this is a very common issue for baby boomers. I cant see the in exercise hear rate but boy that clock font is big !!

Best Answer

What did you switch to? I have the same issue. I like the Versa 2 and app but cant read my heart rate during workout

Best Answer

I believe that it has been suggested many times!  I found comments from 2017, asking people to vote for fonts that are adjustable!  Ever since the FitBit  Blaze I believe people have been complaining!  Obviously the company really is not interested in those of us with disabilities, or they would have taken our concerns seriously 3 years ago.  Next smartwatch?. Apple!. 

Best Answer

No, font can't be increased. I've requested the same thing and was told it's not even in the plans.  I mean, why have a smart watch that you can't see? Not only is it age discrimination, but lack of understanding of their demographics. I loved my fitbit, but I've gotten to a point of why do I wear it when I can't see it?

Best Answer

Completely agree! Not very tech savvy if they can't support something so insanely simple on their end.  And it is a feature that user could choose to enable as needed.  I don't get it.

Best Answer

Its sad that they can't offer this.  I question the futility of this product. Why use it if you can't see it? Seems like an easy, no brainer to me!

Best Answer

Agree! I'm going to look at the Samsung smart watch. I've read you can increase the font size.  And I have to laugh at all the "increase your clock" suggestions. I can SEE the clock,  I can't read messages! 

Best Answer

I've decided to switch.  They are not responsive to this request and I keep saying,  WHY have a smart watch I can't read?  The answer?  No reason. Moving on.....

Best Answer

You absolutely nailed it!!

Best Answer

I did send versa back & bought a Samsung Active 2.

Text size & faces etc can be changed.

Good luck with this ongoing subject

Best Answer

Haha, I just did the same thing.  I was nervous to switch,  as I've had a Fitbit for years.  But, I jumped in feet first and got the Samsing Active 2. Honestly, it took me a bit to learn it, many more features than the Fitbit. I can answer my phone,  make calls, read and reply to email,  Facebook, weight, steps, heart rate, food - I track every thing my fitbit already did and more. I found the Samsung Health app, which is a summary page.  Oh, and yes, you CAN increase the font. Someone actually listened to what the over 50 crowd is saying.  Although it was a learning curve, I like it and will not be going back to fitbit. For those of you with readers, who can't read the font on fitbit, you might want to check it out! Good luck! Moving on to a product that does what I need. 

Best Answer

Thank you! I appreciate your comment.  I mentioned in another post that I bought the Samsung Active 2. Very happy with it and I can increase the Font so I can read my smartwatch without readers. Go figure, I can actually USE my smartwatch. 😁. Its awesome. Makes me feel 25 again.

Best Answer

Bad answer.  Every smart watch has a setting to adjust font size! Fitbit thinks everyone has 20/20 vision.

Best Answer

I think you mean Fit Bit!

Best Answer
0 Votes