Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensation in Versa's sensor

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This evening my Fitbit Versa (bought approx 7 months ago) began acting strangely (navigating to the Bike workout on its own, turning itself back on straight after pressing the left button to turn off the screen). After a few minutes of this, it began to show only the blue Fitbit logo, seemingly restarting over and over without ever loading the clock face.

After getting home and charging it for a while, the clock face would occasionally load in between these restarts. I reset the clockface to the default thinking it might be an issue with that, but the reset loop continued. After a while it no longer even showed the Fitbit logo, just coloured bars on the screen that would change between blue, green and brown on each reset (see screenshot linked below). I tried to follow the factory reset instructions on Google but the watch is non-responsive to any attempt to manually shut down or start the device, and doesn't vibrate at all in the manner described by the factory reset process. It continues to reset itself over and over.

Turning over the Versa, I found condensation on the sensor panel (see other screenshot linked below). I was walking for a few minutes in heavy rain today but never submerged the watch. I regularly swim in pools and occasionally lakes and have never had this happen before.

Has anybody had a similar experience and does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix this problem.

Screenshots

Moderator edit: Labels

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

Welcome to the Forums to both @Bkferris42 and @CoffeeKendra.

Thank you both for sharing your experiences and trying to troubleshoot your Versas on your own before posting.

I could see that @Bkferris42 has already gotten in touch with our support team, thanks for that. I could also see that they have been in touch with you back. I am sure that they will be more than happy to help you find a solution to this situation.

@CoffeeKendra I have arranged so that they also get in touch with you so please keep an eye on your email's inbox, spam and trash folders, or any other folders where the mail may be sent to. Rest assured that they will also help you find the very best way to get your back on track.

Let me know if there are any questions or issues I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing the same issue and see condensation on the sensor. Noticed it was acting strangely on the plane yesterday and since then has died and is no longer functioning at all. I've only worn it in the shower, no swimming. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue, just came home from swimming at the lake and now my Fitbit is doing things all on it's own and running the battery dead in 1 day. Sometimes the buttons will work when I try to clear it to the original screen and other times it's like the buttons dont work at all. Super bummed, this is the first time I have wore it swimming. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Naomi24 and @robynesha.

Thanks for letting us know that you got condensation on your sensors.

Our support team will be getting in touch with you about this situation as well. As I said above, please keep an eye on your email's inbox, spam and trash folders for their mail. They will be more than happy to help you figure out what is going on.

Let me know if there are any other questions we can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had this happen to me. I have been surface swimming during the week of the fourth and today notice my Fitbit was "dead" I went to charge it and there is condensation on the HR sensor. I charged it to see if it would work and did a reset on it and now the main button on the left doesn't work and it is sitting on the notifications drop down. Help Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this exact problem now. I was in the pool yesterday and now my versa is unresponsive. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had a similar thing happen. After lounging around in the pool yesterday, my Versa turned off. I thought it was dead so I tried charging it. I also tried resetting. Still wouldn’t turn on. I noticed condensation around the sensors so I placed my watch in rice over night. It still won’t turn back on. I’ve own my watch for 14 months with no issues. I swim and sweat in it frequently. I’m so bummed that it stopped! What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats what makes it so frustrating. I wanted this model specifically because it was "waterproof" and now its dead. 

Best Answer

Hi All, I'm dealing with same issue.  While on vacation I wore my Versa in pool and it also went black screen  I called and tried all the troubleshooting advice.  Since I just hit 14 months, I was not offered a replacement, but only 25% discount on new watch.  I also just noticed there is condensation in sensor.

Please help FitBit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I received my Fitbit Versa for Christmas and have been loving it. I take it off to shower and charge it. With it being summer and being at the pool i have been wearing it while i swim. I woke this morning to it completely off. I have had it on the charger since 5:30am and nothing it happening. I can see condensation on the sensors on the back and i didn't even swim yesterday. Is there anyway to dry it out or is it done for?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke to customer service yesterday and learned that mine was toast. The gal was extremely helpful and very nice. I will have my replacement in tje next 5-7 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far, it seems Fitbit is contacting the people with this complaint.  Most everyone is getting a replacement.  I didn't have any trouble at all when it happened to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still waiting to hear back from Fitbit team on my issue. This is day 2 with no information and without my Fitbit. Sounds like they are reaching out to some people but not everyone. Hope to hear soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, no!  I hope they get to you soon!  It's probably time for Fitbit to recall the Versa.  It seems to have a few more issues that are being discussed on these community board pages.  I've been so glad that mine was replaced and that it's (mostly) working for my water aerobics classes that I just put up with the other relatively minor problems.  Really, though, Fitbit, this is not a 40 dollar device.  Your customers would like it work as advertised.

Best Answer

Fitbit, the Versa seems to be a failing product! Clearly the water proofing was not up to par and it needs to be redone! 

A recall needs to happen on versa’s! This is just such s huge dissatisfied and the lack of customer service is awful when trying to upgrade bc clearly I would not want the same product if it failed on me once and clearly many others! It took days for Fitbit to contact me and 24hrs each time I emailed them and different people each time I emailed them would respond! 

I tried to upgrade and it stated on the Fitbit website with the upgrade that I could only upgrade to certain colors of the Ionic and then all of them were on back order until September!!!! So when I went on separately to the Fitbit store I was able to purchase the upgrade Ionic in the color I wanted and it stated it would ship to my house next day if I wanted- how the heck does that make any sense! 

I feel as if I am really getting taking advantage of here, being treated as if I should get a lesser product and have to wait for it when it was Fitbit’s problem of a failing Versa in the 1st place!!! 

This just makes me want to go to another fitness watch brand after this horrible experience! 

I asked for a # to speak with someone about this and I got nowhere with them either when I called!!! What is going on Fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call Customer Service and get a replacement.  If out of warranty, get 40% discount.  Fitbit will get more money from you.  This is my last fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recieved my replacement last week,l. It was fully charged when I recieved it and I put on charger yesterday and it hasn't moved off of 11% since yesterday..... now what do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. It just turned from 23% to 0% battery and it won’t charge. When I turned it, there was condensation in the sensor. I really hope that Fitbit will contact me about this, especially since I’m not the only one experiencing this problem...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

Experiencing these same issues. My Fitbit was working last night, and had a black screen when i went to put it on this morning so i put it on the charger instead to charge all day. Checked it this afternoon and the screen is still black and won't turn on with moisture/ condensation on the inside of the sensors. Can you have customer service also contact me for troubleshooting or replacement? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going through this now! I went down a water slide yesterday and since then, it's been non stop issues. First, it just shut off and wouldn't turn on until I charged it. Since then, it won't track my heart rate and now it just keeps resetting itself over and over again. I very rarely submerge my Fitbit, or even get it wet for that matter. This is the second time I've had issues with my versa. They are supposed to be water proof, but it seems like they are far from it! 

Best Answer