Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensation in Versa's sensor

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This evening my Fitbit Versa (bought approx 7 months ago) began acting strangely (navigating to the Bike workout on its own, turning itself back on straight after pressing the left button to turn off the screen). After a few minutes of this, it began to show only the blue Fitbit logo, seemingly restarting over and over without ever loading the clock face.

After getting home and charging it for a while, the clock face would occasionally load in between these restarts. I reset the clockface to the default thinking it might be an issue with that, but the reset loop continued. After a while it no longer even showed the Fitbit logo, just coloured bars on the screen that would change between blue, green and brown on each reset (see screenshot linked below). I tried to follow the factory reset instructions on Google but the watch is non-responsive to any attempt to manually shut down or start the device, and doesn't vibrate at all in the manner described by the factory reset process. It continues to reset itself over and over.

Turning over the Versa, I found condensation on the sensor panel (see other screenshot linked below). I was walking for a few minutes in heavy rain today but never submerged the watch. I regularly swim in pools and occasionally lakes and have never had this happen before.

Has anybody had a similar experience and does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix this problem.

Screenshots

Moderator edit: Labels

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experiences.

I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. Click here to get connected. 

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
142 REPLIES 142

Welcome to the Forums @ftalita.

Thanks for taking the time to share all of the details and steps that you have followed to try to get your Versa to work. We also appreciate the pictures that you have shared.

I will be moving this thread to the Versa board as I think it is better suited for it.

In this case I have reach out to our support team so that they can get in touch with you about this situation. They will be more than happy to help you out. Be sure to keep an eye on your email's inbox, and also spam and trash folders in case the mail is filtered there.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing this now.  Yesterday my Versa synced as it should when I turned my bluetooth on between 3 and 3:30pm.   After my workout, I checked my step count on my phone, which showed no increase. I made sure Bluetooth was on and tried syncing a few times but was unable to.  I then looked at my watch and realized the screen was blank, totally black.  Later in the evening I tried the 2 button and 3 button restarts with no results.  I have a dark, blank screen and No lights on the back.  I initiated a chat this afternoon and cleaned the charging posts.  Still nothing.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @BonBee.

Thanks for listing everything that you have tried and that our support team recommended cleaning the contacts to get it to charge.

I have reached out to our team so that they can get in touch with you and continue to assist you to find a solution to your Versa's display situation. Be sure to keep an eye on your email's inbox, spam, and trash folders.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I sure hope we can resolve this issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BonBee.

You are welcome. Thanks for your quick reply. 

I'm sure that the best solution possible will be found and provided. 

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Maybe there is something you'd like to share with other users.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's an update:  I recieved my replacement Versa yesterday.  I wore it all day today, including 2 hours of water aerobics in about 4 feet of water.  (87 degrees, salt water pool)

It has worked well.  I hope it continues to work well with no further problems. 😊

Best Answer

I'm experiencing this now. I charged it over night and I won't turn back on. Never submerged in water 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @hannahjayelle.

Thanks for letting us know about it and sharing that it has not been submerged in water.

Our support team will be getting in touch with you directly via email. Please keep an eye on your email's inbox, spam and trash folder for their mail. They will be more than happy to help you figure out what is going on.

Let me know if there are any other questions on the situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing a versa malfunction! I wore my versa in the pool today with my kids in the very shallow end bc they are only toddlers. My watched turned off and I went to charge it thinking it was dead but turns out it won’t charge or turn on. I googled what could be going on and saw that it could be condensation- turned my watch over and it does look like condensation in the sensors! 

What can I do to fix this and why did this happen? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know why it happens, but it seems to happen a lot. Fitbit saw my
post, contacted me, got some basic info and sent me a replacement. It was
easy and quick.
Best Answer

Ok, I will contact Fitbit and hope I get a replacement as well! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good Luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Pmerritt. Hello @BonBee.

Thanks for sharing your experiences on this situation.

@BonBee I'm  glad to read that our support team has assisted you.

@Pmerritt Did you get in touch with our support team? If not, I'll be happy to have them get in touch with you directly via email. 

I look forward to your reply. Please let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No one got in touch with me yet. If someone from your support team could get in touch with me that would be great! I’m 24hours without my Versa and going through withdrawals! 

Thanks- PM

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem after having my Versa for a year and a half without incident. For 10 months I swam 3 miles/5 days a week with it. Every once in a while it would restart itself while I was swimming but stuff happens. Any way, yesterday I was swimming in the lake and everything was fine until I got out and the display was black. It didn’t respond to soft reset, factory reset, anything. I put it on the charger overnight hoping it was just totally drained. This morning...nothing. When I was looking it over I noticed the condensation on the HR thingees on the back. Is there any hope for it or is it dead?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed condensation in the sensors as well. My versa stopped working last night after many glitches. I charged it all night and nothing. I’ve only had my Fitbit for 7 months and never worn it in water. I hope to get it fixed soon or a replacement, I feel weird without it. I emailed customer support but haven’t heard anything from them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pmerritt, and @CaroLuisR7. Welcome to the Forums @AnitaR123.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing all your experiences with this situation.

I could see that our support team has been in touch with all three of you and that they have assisted you with your Fitbits. I am glad to see that you received the assistance that you needed.

If you have the time, perhaps you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users so maybe something will pique your interest in there.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Best Answer

Yesterday I swam in the pool for my workout.  No deep diving, surface swimming only.  Then my fitbit glitched out - bouncing around from 0% battery life to 18% batterylife.  Turning off and on by itself.  I fully charged it last night.  Woke up at 5am, worked out in the gym and noticed the fitbit battery showing around 32% already at 8:30am.  Turning the watch over, I have found condensation inside a sensor on the back of the watch.  How do I request a replacement - I have only owned this for about 8 months and have never had this problem before.  But I see it has happened to others in this forum.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am having this same troubles described in these posts with my Fitbit Versa. I have read the suggestions and have tried to troubleshoot this issue myself with no luck.

I have have the Versa for about 6 months (it was a Christmas gift) and I have had NO Problems at all... until this. I went kayaking over the weekend (2 days ago) and did not submerge the versa... just a little splashing. Last night I charged the battery. Durning the night, I noticed the screen was randomly scrolling though my alarms and message notifications all by itself. I took if off the charger and noticed black & white vertical lines on the screen. The red light was on. I put it back on the charger to finish charging. This morning it will not turn on and I noticed the condensation in the sensors. I can't do a restart. It will not connect to my Fitbit app on my android phone. Any suggestions or connection the support team would be appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes