Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensation in Versa's sensor

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This evening my Fitbit Versa (bought approx 7 months ago) began acting strangely (navigating to the Bike workout on its own, turning itself back on straight after pressing the left button to turn off the screen). After a few minutes of this, it began to show only the blue Fitbit logo, seemingly restarting over and over without ever loading the clock face.

After getting home and charging it for a while, the clock face would occasionally load in between these restarts. I reset the clockface to the default thinking it might be an issue with that, but the reset loop continued. After a while it no longer even showed the Fitbit logo, just coloured bars on the screen that would change between blue, green and brown on each reset (see screenshot linked below). I tried to follow the factory reset instructions on Google but the watch is non-responsive to any attempt to manually shut down or start the device, and doesn't vibrate at all in the manner described by the factory reset process. It continues to reset itself over and over.

Turning over the Versa, I found condensation on the sensor panel (see other screenshot linked below). I was walking for a few minutes in heavy rain today but never submerged the watch. I regularly swim in pools and occasionally lakes and have never had this happen before.

Has anybody had a similar experience and does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix this problem.

Screenshots

Moderator edit: Labels

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142
Try letting it dry before charging it again. It may dry out and work again.
If not contact customer service.
I hope it helps,
Mary
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing this same issue! I wore it in the pool a few days ago, dried it completely and continued working as usual. Then 24 hours later it has stopped working entirely, everything stated in previous posts to this forum are happening to my watch. Today, I discovered the condensation in the back. I have tried everything they recommend to fix this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope they will replace it. Mine was under warranty so they offered
replacement or 50% off a newer model.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow that's great! They only offered me 25% off since it was out of warranty 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! At first it was turning on but it continued to glitch. Now the screen is completely fried and I would more than likely have to purchase another fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. Fitbit versa got hot on my wrist and must have automatically Turned off. Thought it overheated and shut down so let it cool back down. Tried to turn it back on and nothing would happen. Just a black screen. Tried to holding all three buttons to manually reset and nothing happened. Noticed the condensation on the back sensors so put it on a bag with desiccant pouches. Now the condensation seems to be gone but it still won’t turn on. Left in charger for over thirty min and it now gets quite warm on the charger and still doesn’t turn on. Haven’t had it for a even a year. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi could you let me know how to get in touch with customer support I have had my versa for a little over a year and swim in it regularly but this past wknd it shut off and I noticed the moisture! I'm really missing it and need this fixed as soon as possible! Thank you for any help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! You can go to the website on a desktop and it has an option to chat
with a representative.
Best Answer

Dear Lanuza 

I am also experiencing some condensation in the sensors as well. My versa stopped working last week  And tried to charged it all night and nothing.

could you ask the Fitbit team to contact me please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me, is there a solution? My fitbit versa will not turn on at all, will not reset, and will not light up when on charger... I was in a kiddy pool with my 3 month old yesterday and it worked until about 2 am when I got up to feed him the screen was completely black and has been ever since.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I looked it up on Google and found this number.
+1-877-623-4997.

You can also have a live chat online:

https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Good luck to you. I hope they replace it for you.

Mary
Best Answer

Thanks for the info! I was able to chat with an agent and they quickly resolved the problem and will be sending a new fitbit to me once I send out my current defective one!  Super easy to chat with an agent with the link provided. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa turned off last night so I charged it all night and it still won’t turn on. I have tried doing all the resets and everything that the support tells you to but still nothing. I can see condensation build up where the sensor lights should be lit up but I have not submerged it in water, I am a heavy sweater though. Trying to figure out what I can do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine had the same problem they will either replace it if still under
warranty or give you a discount for a new purchase...
Best Answer
Who will contact me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’d contact Fitbit and see what they say. There have been so many people
who have responded to my post with the same problem. Mine was under
warranty and they offered me a new one or half off a newer model.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I direct messages the fitbit help support on Twitter and they replied
within like 5 mins. I got to it through the fitbit app
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have experienced the same thing. I bought this item specifically so it could get wet. Unfortunately mine is about a year and a half old but that shouldn't matter. I have tried everything. Reset over and over with just a blank lit screen. Every once in a while I get the logo but then nothing. I also then saw moisture in the back sensors. I tried a bad of rice overnight. Got up this morning and it was displaying 0% so I thought....good sign but it didnt last. I plugged it in and it went back to before and moisture is still in it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can contact them through the website or you can call them. Because your
versa is over a year old they won't replace it for you for free, however
they will offer you 50% off if you would like to purchase another one. Hope
this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can contact them through the website or call. Because your Fitbit is over a year old they will not replace it for you. However it will offer you 50% off if you want to get a new one

Best Answer
0 Votes