Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon for Pebble owners

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a chance that the $50 offer for Pebble owners on the Ionic will be extended to include the Versa? The Versa actually looks nice (it looks a lot like a Pebble Time Steel, actually), and I can see myself swapping out my Charge 2 for this. 

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I think fitbit has replied. I don't like their answer, but it's not mine to make. I left fitbit years ago after quality control issues left me with an expensieve paperweight scale, and a drawer filled with broken Fitbit ones, flexes, and a zip. Pebble was where I went to and I used Misfit and later Google Fit as a Fitbit alternative.  My interest in rejoining Fitbit was only to get back in touch with a few friends I haven't convinced to move to a platform that shares data with others. Post Pebble takeover, I had no interest in rejoining Fitbit. I looked at the Versa as an option, and it's not going to happen. It's not a money thing as was implied, I've spent a lot on these types of devices over the years. It's a culture thing. If that's not evident to someone reading the responses by Fitbit, I'm not sure it's possible to convince that person.

I'm disappointed that a platform and community I loved and supported was destroyed like this. It's a shame because if Pebble had gone to it's community first and asked them to help prevent this from happening we wouldn't be in this posisition. Pebble users always showed up for Pebble. Fitbit management doesn't understand that. They treat their users as commodities, the products and services as means to lock in and trap users. I'll keep watching from outside and hope the Pebble team is successful in moving Fitbit closer to the platform it could be, and maybe then I'll support them once more.

Best Answer

@NellyG- Actually, your post is the very definition of a troll; you are posting on a topic you admittedly know little about ("I am not a Pebble owner" and "I know very little about Pebble") and your remarks could easily be construed as provocative or just plain rude ("get over it. Why do you think you are so special? If you cant afford it, buy something you can like the rest of the population.").  That was wholly unnecessary.  If you don't care, don't post on the thread.  If you do happen to care, just try a little more kindness.

To fellow Pebble owners, @SunsetRunner was kind enough to offer some additional clarification on the original promotion on the FAQ thread.  

@jamms, I agree with you about Pebble.  I hope you give Fitbit another shot; the Versa looks very promising.  I didn't have a perfect experience with the Fitbit chat support but the folks from Fitbit who respond here and also on phone support over the years have always been helpful.  They even sent a replacement device at one point at no cost.  FWIW, I've been with Fitbit since 2011 and I was with Pebble from the Kickstarter.  It's very nice to have both products together and I'm very hopeful for the Versa.  Either way, I wish you well and hope you find a device / company that works (I was also looking at the new Martian watches coming up - they seem cool, though way too big for me).  

Best Answer

@bluedevil I believe @NellyG has started her post with a disclaimer. This is typically to show what direction the poster is coming from. 

She also justified her position based on being a customer of an internt provider that was bought out. 

Then she goes into a generalized scenario of what to expect when a company has been bought out. Not a troll but trying to impart a perspective on what has happened and the options available to a user of a company that has been bought out .

For me my email fax company was bought by the company that handles my domain. I got noticed that my $14.95 a year account will be discontinued, and I now have to go with a $14.95 per month. This is a 1100% increase, what choices do I havehif I want a fax number. As @NellyG States I can stay where iIsm or go with another company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bluedevil I had to dig deeper then just sales chat yesterday. I was told that the offer was made by Pebble and to look at Pebble forums to find out about the offer. I shot him down because there was nothing new in the Pebble forums and that there was a tech article at the end of January that mentioned the deal when FitBit extended the service to Pebble owners until June. I asked for his supervisor who I quoted in my previous post in this forum. I don't think the offer is over yet and that the sales people are just blowing smoke.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue, I think that @NellyG has a legitimate concern. Being a loyal user and not asking for the same prerogatives.
But this is a matter of marketing judgment, welcoming a loyal family of users and creative developers that will benefit the Fitbit community as well.
All this happens because the Pebble community has been wearing a more advanced smartwatch (not a fit tracker) than the Versa for two years. It just happens that the servers will be shut down on June 30, and we see in the Versa the best of the two ecosystems, and the smartwatch it can become with the Pebblers' contribution.

Not all acquisition experiences are bad. I have the Ring doorbell Pro with an annual subscription and nothing has changed since Ring was bought by Amazon. We are better off under the umbrella of a stronger company.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue , it is nice - though I don't think necessary - for you to decipher that post.  I don't hold any bad feelings for the poster, but my point was she could be much kinder in the way she jumped into a thread. I was not the only one (nor the first) who read her post, paused, and wondered if she was just trolling. "Get over it" and "Why do you think you are so special?"  are not the nicest ways to enter into a peaceful conversation. (And certainly doesn't line up with someone who is part of the FibBit Community Council, which on the council page says, "It is their mission to facilitate a welcoming environment and contribute knowledge, advice and encouragement within the Fitbit forums.")

I agree, companies go out of business all the time.  I was worried about Pebble surviving and was actually happy when Pebble was purchased by FitBit, because for me, it meant two of my favorite devices could be merged.  I certainly don't have qualms with paying for the devices I want, but the question for me was whether the discount existed and whether it would be honored for Versa. The answer to the former was provided on the FAQ thread by FitBitFred and the latter appears to still be pending.   

Best Answer

So, yeah... I'm glad we got all of that out of our systems Smiley Happy

Anywho, I'm going to just chillax until this promotional period (which I'm guessing is somewhere around the time the Versa actually starts shipping) ends.  Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone.

If anyone hears of anything changing, hopefully someone will update the post.  Cheers everyone!

Best Answer

Hi all!

I'm aware many of you are eager to find out if the Pebble discount will be extended to include Versa. At this time I don't have any updates, but as mentioned before our team is well aware this is being highly requested. 

If this changes, I will update this thread to inform everyone. Thanks again for your patience. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks @AlessFitbit - we appreciate the effort!

Best Answer

Thank you @AlessFitbit -- I guess this thread sort of blew up a little. At the minute I am wearing a Pebble Time Steel on my left wrist, and a Fitbit Charge HR on my right.

Hoping to get down to one device that looks a lot like my PTS. 😉

I appreciate the update,

km

Best Answer
I put back on my OG pebble classic since my kickstarter pebble 2 the
buttons on the right side started to fail and water got in and its acting
up. Hopefully the versa will be a worthwhile upgrade
Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of Pebble users who would give the versa a try if there was a discount out the gate.  I've had my Pebble Time for two years in June and haven't found anything tempting to switch to. My PT does what it is supposed to do so well, it's hard to switch for new tech with crappy battery life.  If fitbit were to offer a discount, I'd take the leap quickly vs waiting to see what Samsung comes out with later this year. I even registered for the first time on this site - I'm that interested in the versa, IF the discount is offered  Otherwise it's waiting until holiday 2018, to see what deals are offered... 

Best Answer

Oh, I'll also add that I liked fitbit and was an avid flex and 1st generation charge user, but switched to pebble and never looked back. I get that the pebble user base is a drop in the bucket compared to the overall fitbit base, but this appears to be low hanging fruit, fitbit! 

Best Answer

I've developed a few apps for the Pebble. I'm interested in the Versa and would jump straight away if the coupon worked. The Ionic isn't really of interest because of the proprietary bands. The Versa can used standard watch bands like the Pebble as far as I can see.

Embedded developer, www.ambientpower.co.uk
Ukulele stuff, www.coolcatukes.com
Best Answer

So I still haven't gotten my coupon offer for the ionic. I thought I would have heard by now.

Best Answer

We have officially jumped ship. No longer looking at the FitBit. The accuasition of Pebble made us optimistic of a hybrid that would be amazing but it appears that the destruction of Pebble was the goal. There are too many options in a dense field of wearables to spend $200 on a sub-par product just because it's branded as Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. I got the google form submission only and nothing more
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well @AlessFitbit it's been nearly a month since this topic came up.  Is there likely to be any positive outcome here?  I'm probably a day or two away from going with a different option.  I'll note that not only is there no good news in terms of the Versa, apparently none of the people who registered even thinking the discount only applied to the Ionic have received any follow-through / coupon / email / or any news at all.

Of course, the point may be moot with respect to the Ionic anyway since they are selling brand new on ebay for significantly less than the sticker price minus the yet-to-materialize $50 discount.

Best Answer

Significantly less on ebay with no warranty? Good luck with that. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/No-warranty-for-unauthorized-retailers/m-p/1523624

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOL I'm a Pebble owner... I'm used to no warranty!  😃

Best Answer