Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked watch face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This isn't new information for anyone who has had a damaged screen.

I am COMPLETELY disappointed in the fact that FitBit offers NO repair or replacement for a cracked screen. I feel like their are capitalizing on the fact that they know everyone wears a fitness tracker, fitness trackers ARE NOT inexpensive, and a lot of people are going to scratch/break/crack/damage their screen. Their only option is to purchase a new one. Really? This discount offered is not sufficient!! All I want to do is repair or replace my less than 1 year old screen and there are NO options to do so. Automatically the CS rep advised that damage isn't covered under warrant, automatically started offering me discounts for a replacement watch, telling me all the GREAT product enhancements to repel dirt and buildup, trying to entice me into buying ANOTHER tracker. This will push me into another tracker, sadly...I loved my Versa!

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@hgrassm It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa screen is cracked. I know how frustrating this is for you.

Unluckily, we don't have a repair center and don't have replacement screens. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback and comments.

Please check out this page for more information about the warranty policies.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand you not being able to repair these watches, but why isn't Fitbit standing by their obviously defective products?  These watches are cracking while being charged, how can that be the users fault?

Best Answer

@debi27 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I totally understand your frustration with this. Our team reviews case by case and follow the warranty policies.

I rally appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had receive a charge 2 watch 2 years ago. Less than a year later the face cracked. Fitbit did replace that one however less than a year later the same thing happened again.  I’m not quite sure how but obviously some kind of manufacturers defect. They no longer carry a warranty on the new one, said the warranty time frame was from the first watch so no coverage on the brand new watch they send me less than a year ago. If you make a quality product that you know won’t break you stand by that product. My family has 4 Fitbit watches currently and we will be looking for a new brand now that customer service have taken a huge dive. 

Best Answer

@BMellon, I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your second Charge 2 face cracked. I'm also sorry to hear that it's no longer under warranty. As our team mentioned, the warranty period is good for 365 days, starting from the date of first setup of the original unit.

I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! I just purchased my versa 3 a couple of months ago, and my screen just cracked. I can't believe that these expensive watches do t have any other options. What a waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes