Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty getting watch band off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone else had difficulty getting your Versa watch band off to change it to another one? 

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Just bought Versa and cannot for the life of me get the band off. I have read everything, watched Youtube vids - neither one will come off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've the same problem, the lever wouldn't budge when using my bare fingers. I had to use the corner of a credit card to move it, and eventually managed to remove the buckle strap, but the other side still didn't budge. Worst, when I tried to put the strap back, the pin broke! And this is only the 2nd day that I've owned this watch and now I can't even wear it. My old Alta HR didn't have such problems! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to remove and replace the bands, but I damaged my Versa slightly in the process where the pins slide in contact with the watch. This is not a good thing and I worry about the longevity of my Versa considering I spent $250 for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Massive trouble! I just bought my Versa today and thought the 'peach' band didn't look great in the pic so got a black band too.

Took the bands off to charge (not sure if I actually need to) then couldn't get the buckle side back on. The lever end just wouldn't click into place. Put the black one on instead no problem.

A few hrs later I decided to switch back and *could not* get the long band off. My nails were starting to break a little bit and I bent the corners of 3 credit-type cards before (30 minutes later) I grabbed a screwdriver. Unfortunately I did put a little scratch in the back of the watch doing it, but I basically had to just get the screwdriver, jam it against the lever and brute force the band off.

When I came to put the peach buckle band back on, the lever side wouldn't click into place. In the end I put the lever side in place first then used my thumbnail to press the opposite end of the post in enough to slide it into place and that worked.

I'd suggest, if going the screwdriver route, to get some thin cardboard perhaps and put that between the lever and the watch back as close to the band edge as you can get it, then get the screwdriver head between the cardboard and lever. That way, if the screwdriver is going to gouge into anything, it'll be the band (which at this point deserves everything it gets) or the cardboard.

cft

Best Answer
0 Votes

First ine was easy Cant get second spring to budge at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

My band split.  so i have to change it. Put it off for ages after reading all the difficulties. Plucked up the courage today and snd cant get one if the pins to mive at all so cant get one side off.  of course  its the side  that split so cant even wear old half and new half. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why since this post two years ago are there no answers from  the company on this thread

Best Answer
0 Votes

You could try using a screwdriver, but make sure you put something to protect the back of the watch. I scratched mine a little. Go very slowly so you don’t slip.

Best Answer
0 Votes