Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Versa include SPO2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am curious if this device contains the SPO2 sensor that is hopefully going to add to the Fitbit abilities moving forward.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

But would that only be for Versa 2 (assuming its not as vaporous as the clouds above?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pbug56 the press release is not clear on this. It certainly makes no mention of it being available for the Versa, unlike other features such as Smart Wake. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They have issues with people being honest.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well why won't we actually? They are still doing the same trick. Started all the way back with the Fitbit Ionic, now with the newly announced Versa 2. If they would just stop doing this I would be fine with it, but they just keep on lying consciously

Best Answer

SpO2 has been announced as "coming soon" for Versa 2 in a shape of some kind of graph showing estimated blood oxygenation levels. I'm not quite sure what it's gonna be like but this time it says "coming soon" (depends on definition of "soon" by Fitbit). SpO2 may be a least of trouble in case of Versa 2 if Fitbit won't update the Spotify support information. It's going to backfire same as SpO2. I observe that both users and tech websites and everyone is confused what the Spotify support really is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PrimeTinus wrote:

Why was the post from Kevinranthony deleted? Because he was mentioning a lawsuit? Really? 

It sounds like he may have breached the clause in the community guidelines that says:

"commentary pertaining to litigation involving Fitbit, is prohibited"

You can read the full guidelines at https://community.fitbit.com/guidelines

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahh the guidelines, there's nothing about false advertising in there? 

Best Answer

Any update on how the sensor can be used?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's been reported that there will be some sort of graph. So far, doesn't
sound particularly useful, but one of these days, months or years we may
find out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter and I both bought Fitbit Versa 2 models at the same time.  She has an iPhone, and I have an Android (Samsung Galaxy). In the sleep monitoring area, her iPhone shoes her sleeping oxygen saturation.  However, I cant find that at all on the Android.  What am I missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
So far very few people have any of this working - we don't know how many
months or years it will take to roll it out to all users whose watch
supports it - nor do we know when it will be in a sufficiently bug free
update so that's safe to install on one's watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Steve 
Is the EOV rolled out in India. Have bought versa 2 last week expecting this feature but I’m unable to check it under sleep score. Please let me know where I can get this details. Will be very useful
Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can't, it's not for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mentioned or suggested long ago that trying to get O2 readings on the wrist was probably not going to be accurate. There are 20 dollar finger clips that you can get that have great accuracy. But no one wants to wear a clip on their finger (while flying or sleeping or whatever). So having O2 sensor on the wristwatch was appealing but may be technically unreliable.

I said there should be  ring... Now there is. The Wellue O2 ring works well. The battery lasts for 1 night and a half. And yes you have to download the data (via bluetooth) to your phone (or pc). So, it's not ideal but it's very accurate, covers a long period of time and is mostly out of the way (it's a ring like thing).  May suit some people. Doesn't integrate as far as I know with other apps.  But I can see it being used in some mild activities (probably not tennis). I'll take it to the gym one day.

We're almost there with the perfect integrated wearable sensor for O2... it's going to be a ring (perhaps an ear clip. It won't ever be a watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We were tricked into buying a watch.  People are STILL being tricked into buying watches. Your comment still changes nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a link to the Wareable web site and it's using the information from a Fitbit Scientist.. and shows the graph etc..

There are so many topics scattered across the web on this EOV issue  I wish we could have them in one area like the Sleep Forum..

Because I never see the pink infrared lights, I'm awaiting a reply from Fitbit Support in case I have a faulty device..  It shows all of my Sleep logs under the Premium option..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thank you, Colin!

What Fitbit has done, is exactly what I suggested they do some years back.  I wrote on this thread (somewhere, the search function is hard to use) that they don't need to tell us exactly what our O2 is, just show us how often it is dropping.  I even suggested color coding it.

Now I'm left wondering how people who already have this watch (I put off buying it until they got this functionality, and eventually bought a real O2 monitor instead) can turn the function on.  The article did not say.

Anyone who has the watch figured that out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found it.  I wrote this a year and a half ago:

@-Shoe- wrote:

The sensor on the wrist doesn't have to be accurate, just consistent, and it doesn't even have to give specific numbers. It could give ranges, like bright green for 96 and above, yellowish green for 92 to 95, yellow for 88 to 91, orange for 84 to 87, and red for 83 and lower. Then, not actually give the numbers, since they might be different on different people, just give a chart with the colors. As long as it is within a couple points consistently for a specific person, that would be enough feedback to know if we were desaturating at night, or not. It doesn't have to be accurate between different people.

It should not be a medical device, just a feedback device. For those of us who need to really know our spO2, we have a finger oximeter. The problem is tracking it on a graph, and tracking it when we are not able to check with the finger oximeter, like when we're sleeping or driving, etc.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/SPO2/m-p/2795805/highlight/true#M30568

Awfully darned close to what they came out with, according to that article Colin linked to!

-Shoe-

Best Answer
People here have reported very decent results with a G----- watch, all
within tolerances that most of us would consider quite acceptable. And it
ought to be possible for owners to calibrate their Fitbit's to a finger
clip unit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked at reviews for the Gar* watch write-ups. I think they do a good job with SPO2 but I wasn't that impressed nor was the reviewer. I think you had to sit still to get a single reading or something. 

That's just not going to cut it. Calibration isn't the problem, it's just not going to be as accurate.  

Basically, there's not much they can do to improve the situation. You can't out-code something you can't get to. As mentioned, even the heartrate is flaky on these wrist based units (though acceptable, as you say, for some purposes). To determine SPO2 it's not just fluctuation but attenuation and comparison and it's too weak and variable and for different people at the wrist (the blood flow and light access).

I'm surprised this isn't better known.

Best Answer
0 Votes