Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my Versa support Fitbit Pay?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased a simple Versa, not special edition. However, the app has asked and allowed me to upload my bank card information to the wallet, and is even visible on my watch, and prompts me to "hold near reader." Does this mean my watch somehow supports Fitbit Pay? Very confused... Thanks!

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Sounds like it.  Look at the teeny, tiny type on the back of your Versa and see if "Fitbit Pay" is listed there.  If so, you have a Versa that supports Fitbit Pay.  Are you in the US?

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm am in the US. I do not see Fitbit Pay in the fine print underneath. 

I can't imagine it really supports it, but also don't understand why it would allow me to upload all of that info and view it on my watch as if it were ready to use.

Thanks for your response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, the real test is to try and use it at the store.  I have the SE here in the US with Fitbit Pay.  What you describe is exactly how I set mine up.  Does your phone have the NFC chip in it?  If so, with the NFC in your phone on, hold it near your Versa.  The phone chip will trigger the Versa NFC chip to activate the Fitbit pay and you'll get that message about "To pay, hold left button........"  perhaps after you enter the PIN to unlock.  You got lucky and they packed the box wrong?

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I did that, and sure enough, it activated the Fitbit Pay on my watch...

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely try it in a store- as soon as I can find one that accepts Fitbit Pay!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any checkout card reader with that symbol that looks like radio waves eminating out will read the NFC chip. Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Android Pay, Fitbit Pay, all the same reader. 

Kathy | USA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that info! 

Best Answer
0 Votes