Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error downloading an app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am extremely satisfied with my Fitbit device. I have a Versa 2 smart watch and I am running iOS 13.3 on an iPad. I have one problem though. I start to download an app and it shows a download progress bar, but twenty to thirty seconds later the download quits and it’s like I never started the download. This problem only occurs on one specific app. I tried shutting down both my iPad and the watch, connecting the watch to WiFi, and reconnecting the devices. None of these troubleshooting tips worked. Has anyone had this problem and figured out how to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your help. I did the Fitbit software update this morning and it appears to have fixed my problem. I downloaded the app without any trouble.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AnonymousTech. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I am glad to hear that you like your device and enjoy its features. I am sorry about the difficulty you're experiencing trying to download an app. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. Some apps require certain permissions in order to work properly and I recommend confirming the steps and troubleshooting instructions in these help articles: How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch? and How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device?

Let me know if the issue persists, I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a limit to how many apps you can download? I currently have 24 apps installed on my watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @AnonymousTech

I appreciate the additional details and would like to confirm that up to 39 apps can be installed on your watch at a time. 

Let me know how it goes.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help. I did the Fitbit software update this morning and it appears to have fixed my problem. I downloaded the app without any trouble.

Best Answer

Hi @AnonymousTech, it's nice to see you around.  

I am glad to hear that after the Fitbit software update the issue has been resolved and you were able to download the app without any trouble. Thank you for posting the update here. I appreciate your time and efforts. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes