Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is this now available on only some Charge 3 and Versas? 

Best Answer
648 REPLIES 648
Again to the fitbit reps, once and for all, when will we get the actual
numbers and display like other companies already provide? No bs please.
Best Answer
One NICE thing to add to that SPO2 variance display would be TIME HACKS. Just put a tick on every hour, so that we can easily correlate that display with the sleep data.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ought to be be easy and quick to do, but my feeling is that they have
chosen to degrade the usability of this chart as much as possible. Like,
there's something going on but we don't want to tell you what or even when
because then we might be offering a diagnosis. Well I just want the data -
all the time, real time, and downloadable with other data so I can either
figure it out myself or send it off to my doctor to analyze.

Fitbit, why won't you give us a straight answer?
Best Answer

I don’t think my red light works this is a new Charge 3 what should i do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never had any information in the graph, it was just blank and now the graph is completely gone. Such a strange thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no red light in charge3. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My graph has stopped tracking the oxygen variations- it worked before now just has a flat line. Nothing has changed for me, still wearing it the same way. Any ideas?

Best Answer
Only thing I'd try is a reboot of the device.

--
Kind Regards,
Barry
Best Answer
0 Votes

It happened several times with me, last 10 months. First try with restart, then with Remove/Add fitbit device in app profile. Works always.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello can you please explain what it means if there are high variations of blood oxygen shown on the graph?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the spo watch face works perfectly during night time while sleeping 

Best Answer
0 Votes
First make sure your Fitbit is charged. I would then first sync your Fitbit with your phone. Then go to Settings to About to clear data then reboot your device
Also do you have SPO2? That’s very helpful. Hope this is helpful. Let me know. 
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
If the graph goes out of the green then it suggests that there are times
you are not breathing properly at those unspecified times. Maybe you have
apnea or other issues. Maybe. With no times or real numbers it's anyone's
guess, hence the nickname the mystery graph.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure how to interpret this. Please explain.

I have Excel graphs I'd be happy to post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We believe, without any evidence, that this mystery chart (Variance), if it it goes out of range, in particular to the negative, suggests breathing issues during your sleep.  For instance, perhaps apnea.  

Best Answer

"Without any evidence" 😆

1staidgirl
Best Answer
0 Votes

You may want to read what Fitbit says about the SpO2

Best Answer

Yes - I know, very little.  And they discourage you from taking any meaning from what you see.  But what makes this graph so special is that there are no times and no numbers, just a squiggly line.  So if you were tempted to try and derive value from it, I'd remind you that nothing plus nothing still equals nothing!  

All kidding aside, red / negative charting kind of sort of suggests / implies that maybe you might possibly have some sort of unspecified problem that might have some sort of connection to some unspecified bodily function!

In the real world, I have had a Versa since fall 2018, and most of that time have gotten - when lucky, partial sleep charts, seldom 3 hours worth - even if I was in bed asleep for 10 hours.  They recently encouraged me to get a current model - and SURPRISE, most of the same problems exist on my new model.  In about 30 hours asleep in 3 days since getting it, it has shown about 2 hours sleep total, obviously no SPO2 data provided.  I've tried to tell them where to look to diagnose this, I'll try again.  I'll just say that some people have higher or lower HR's when asleep, also more or less non-dominant arm movement.

Best Answer

CLARIFICATION FOR THIS ENTIRE STRING

Den in USA -- thanks for posting ......in 2019!! Your question seems as relevant today as it was then!

1. This whole thing should not be shrouded in mystery. Fitbit just caused confusion because they want to stay out of legal and FDA trouble. They should just say that!

2. We are simply trying to get the O2 level in our blood just like with an oximeter at a doctor's office. Many trusted the brand to do that for them, resulting is much disappointment! 

3. Fitbit will not provide instantaneous readings. They should not IMPLY they can. It's misleading because buyers hear what they want to hear.

4. The closest to a real O2 reading is an overnight reading on the watch face made available for a number of devices over the last few months. In my case (versa2), If I remember to apply the  O2 watch face at night, I get intelligent readings an hour or so after getting up. The readings are 93-99% with overnight low and high ranges recorded during the night. A typical reading might be 96% average with a low of 93% and a high of 98%. That makes some sense!

5. I have not been able to download that daily data. The CS reps are unable to help, so I simple write the three numbers down each day and revert to a more usable watch face. 

6. Separate from that is the data that shows up on the cell phone app. It does NOT give you O2 readings, but shows a "variability" graph. Fitbit claims if there is high variability and crosses an upper bar, there is a probability of sleep apnea. Most reports I've read that actually compared those implications to a medical device say that it does not work. 

7. If you do a download of all your personal data from the desktop site (allowed once every 24 hours), you can eventually find a spreadsheet with an "infrared to red signal ratio" taken every minute or so during the night. Maybe half the readings are zero, and the rest bounce around between +100 and -100. I haven't bothered doing any statistics on this, since I have no idea what it is supposed to indicate and how it relates to the "variability" graph displayed on the cell app under your sleeping pattern (referenced in #6 above).

To sum it up:

- there is no instantaneous O2 function like a real oximeter 

- there is an all night average with highs and lows if you use the new watch face 

- there are two sets of data claiming O2 "variability." One has a nice graph, but is probably inaccurate. The other is very detailed, but no one at Fitbit is willing (or able?) to explain what it means or why it could be useful.  

I would be very happy to share comments, data or graphs to shed some additional light on this.

To Fitbit: A job NOT well done. Your customers should not be your guinea pigs. Please HELP!!!!

Peace,

Gerry   

Best Answer

Next time your with your doctor, show him the SpO2. It will surprise you at how much info your doctor will see. 

The graph was designed with the help of the medical personal. 

Best Answer