Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake or genuine?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I recently purchased a second hand versa and after using it for the past couple of days am having doubts whether it’s genuine or not. I contacted support who said it was legit due to the sync however I still have my doubts mainly due to the incorrect spellings on the back of the pebble itself ‘HRART’ instead of ‘HEART’ and ‘GRDE’ instead of ‘GRADE’. On top of this the model number on the box doesn’t match that on the watch itself, on the back of the pebble it says ‘WR 50 metres’ which only seems to be on those with fitbit pay whilst ones without say ‘water resistant 50 meters’, the writing on the back of the pebble also appears uneven and off center and I also cant find a serial number for it. Just wondering if anyone else had any experience with these issues or have any idea to it’s authenticity? Many thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @jenna44! If you want to upload some photos, we can take a look at it. Maybe they did some refurbishment?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Hi thank you so much for your reply been trying to upload a photo and I can’t seem to be able to. Whenever I click the insert photo option all it comes up with is source, image description etc. I’ve tried on multiple devices now (ios/ windows) and still had no luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to see the back of the watch here, thank you again https://www.reddit.com/r/fitbit/comments/q2gt01/fake_or_genuine/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jenna44   I found an image of the back of a Versa in Android Authority and I can see the differences between the two photos.  Don't be concerned about the difference in the model numbers.  The model numbers are different based on the color of the pebble case.  Fitbit puts the serial number on the box.  The person selling it might have more than one to sell and mixed up the boxes.  Can you look for a few other things that might help?  You should be able to see the word "fitbit" in Fitbit's logo script at the bottom of the screen.  You might need to tilt it in the light.  My Versa has Fitbit Pay, so the back is different, but mine has things etched in the pebble that you can only see when you take the band off.  They are in the grooves.  The top groove has the Fitbit logo, MADE IN CHINA, and the trashcan on its side with an X through it.  The bottom groove looks like it says PAT FPATCO.  I googled FPATCO and there were many links to Fitbit.  I think a knock off device won't have these things etched in the band grooves.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer