Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fat Burn??

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I’m trying to lose weight and I’m on calorie controlled diet and have set myself 10,000 step walk every day. On top of any other Steps I do in a day also. 

Im really confused by the Fat burn. So for instance, today I walked for an hour and half and burned 921 calories but I’m only at 89% fat burn. What do I need to get it to 100%?  Sorry if it’s something so simple lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

"Fat burn" is just one of the heart rate zones.  89% just means your heart rate was within that zone for 89% of the time of your walk.  Your heart rate might have been below that zone as you started out, and it might have risen into the aerobic zone part of time, all of which is fine.  The title "fat burn" zone is somewhat misleading; burning calories is what matters for losing weight, and you are burning calories, and fat, in any heart rate zone.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

"Fat burn" is just one of the heart rate zones.  89% just means your heart rate was within that zone for 89% of the time of your walk.  Your heart rate might have been below that zone as you started out, and it might have risen into the aerobic zone part of time, all of which is fine.  The title "fat burn" zone is somewhat misleading; burning calories is what matters for losing weight, and you are burning calories, and fat, in any heart rate zone.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This makes so much more sense, thank you so much for replying! X

Best Answer
0 Votes