Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Customer Service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I encountered an issue with my versa back in June where the battery would drain from fully charged to dead within about 4 hours, this eventually deteriorated to the point where it wouldn’t charge at all, and when placed on charge it would become extremely hot to the touch. The device was still under warranty.

I spoke to somebody on the live chat who sorted out a returns label and a replacement device was sent to me, I was told this would take 5 working days. It didn’t. My replacement versa arrived 3 weeks later. I immediately tried to connect this to my iPhone, and much to my dismay, it wouldn’t connect at all. I followed all the troubleshooting steps on the Fitbit website and still no luck. I decided to then log back on to the live chat and was given more troubleshooting steps, including to delete and reinstall the app on my phone, so I followed these steps which still did not work, the advisor then told me that I shouldn’t have deleted the app and perhaps I should get a new phone. At this stage, I asked for supervisor details in order to make a complaint, I was given a name Bernie and told to call the customer service line. I did this once the line reopened, but I was told that there were no supervisors or complaints process, and was again told to follow some troubleshooting steps, the same steps that I’d been given on multiple previous occasions.

A week after my device arrived I was told to email customer support, I would receive a response in 24-48 hours, I chased up daily after 60 hours had passed without a response, I eventually received a non-response telling me to reset my Fitbit, a step which I had already tried many times.

I just want a replacement for a replacement to be sent to me, or a refund for which I can provide full proof of purchase. I’ve again been palmed off by Fitbit and ha e received no response from anyone for approximately 3 days now.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @DanGregs, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

Since you already received assistance from our Customer Support team, I suggest you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ricardo,

My matter has yet to be resolved. I reluctantly took a returns label as
there was no willingness by the fitbit customer support advisors to deal
with it in any alternative fashion, despite this being a faulty device that
was sent as a replacement for a device that broke while under warranty.

I returned the device on 13/08/2020 and have retained tracking information,
the support advisors have advised that it has yet to be received despite
the tracking information showing that it was received on 17/08/2020.

I have provided full proof of purchase from 2019, proof of postage from
13/08/2020 and proof that it was received on 17/08/2020. I request a full
refund which you will be able to recover through the insurance from Royal
Mail, failure to do so and I will look at beginning proceedings at the
small claims court for recovery of my outlay on the device which you have
but refuse to deal with in an appropriate manner plus my time spent in
dealing with my complaint, going back to early July.

Regards,

Daniel
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @DanGregs 

Thanks for the details that were shared with me. As it turns out, I do not have access to the information our Customer Support team provided to you, this is the reason why I recommended you to get in touch with them if further assistance is needed.

I'll be around, don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions you may have.

Best Answer
0 Votes