Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback from Support with Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Awful customer service. Fit bit strap has broken twice and the fit bit itself has stopped working. As a gesture of goodwill I was offered 25% or 40% off a new fit bit. I thought I might as well bite the bullet and order the latest one and start again!!! Surprise surprise it won’t work on the new Versa 2. Dreadful rude customer service with no complaints department ...WHAT A SURPRISE! Please will fit bit contact me with a discount towards versa 2 ASAP otherwise I see no gesture of goodwill given at all just a way for fit bit to try and get rid of their older models!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Labels

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi, could you please be more specific what did not work on the Versa 2? Otherwise we're not able to help you in the best way we can possibly do. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a discount code that I was told could be used on any of the fitbits 25%, I went to use it and it won’t work on the Versa 2!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi, if your problem existed on a Versa 1, it's no surprise that the discount will not work on the Versa 2. Customer Support only gives discounts for the same type of Fitbit or even lower, but not the newest one, alas. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
Just need to add your type of fit bit
It is not the versa 2. It is .......that won’t sync and also two straps have broken on it. It is the fact I was offered a 25- 40 % as a goodwill gesture and I thought I would cut my loses and get a new one but I am unable to get the discount with the latest versa 2 !!! I don’t t see how it is a good will gesture when you are just asking me to buy one from your old collection to get rid of them!!! Customer service was simply rude! I just want the discount on versa 2!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Sorry, but the discount only accounts for the cuurent type of Fitbit you own and not the newest one, which is IMHO logical. It's naive to think that you will get this sort of discount for the newest version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know when my Versa died at 11 months, they refused to even give me the discount for a Versa 1, which is what died. Only a lesser model. They also refused to honor the warranty since I bought it at Target, not at Fitbit.com. After the update like so many others I ended up with a $200 paperweight. 

Best Answer

Hi @CSet @pawebb1 @SunsetRunner , nice to see you all around in the Community! Thank you all for your comments and feedback. 

@SunsetRunner thanks for sharing your opinion on this matter. 

@pawebb1 @CSet , thanks, for sharing your concerns. If you have any doubt how your case was handled, or need more information regarding the resolution taken by the Support Team, I'll suggest you to write back to Support, answer the las mail receive by them, so that the can check your case and information and clarify any doubt you might have. Otherwise, another recommendation is to have a look at our Warranty Guidelines.

Please keep me posted.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have went round and round with them to the point I was pretty much in tears. I am a single mom. It took a lot for me to spend that kind of money on myself but with my job as a mail carrier it was an ideal thing to track my time and to see my messages from management with out having to take my phone out. Your customer service was horrible to the point I already bought an Apple Watch. Only reason I keep coming back on here is hoping Fitbit will find a way to fix what they did to a lot of people’s versa’s. Mine is now officially a year old.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @pawebb1. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with Customer Support. I am sure they tried to help you in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback and time you took to let us know your frustration since this helps us to keep improving.

I apologize for any disappointment. I respect your decision and wish you the best of luck with your health and wellness goals.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also had terrible experienced with customer service. I had an Alta HR  the first of which didnt even last a full year, so they replaced it no problem. The next one had the same issues but didn't last 6 months. They actually blamed me for my last two devices being defective, offered me 25% off of a new device, but only apply it to the devices they are trying to clear out as their new lines are not included in the discount. Despite my telling them I wish to purchase the new ones (and am willing to spend more money).  As a result I'm buying myself and my husband an apple watch (spending more money all thanks to the horrible customer service I received). I have been buying fitbits for nearly 8 years religiously and do not feel valued or appreciated at all. I am absolutely disgusted. I really wanted to stay within the fitbit line as I like having all of my information in once place. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work. They do not actually help you. A different customer service rep will reply and only reiterate what was said to you in the last email. No actual solution other than "too bad" will be given to you. Don't waste your time. They are unhelpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @sfiorent

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience and feedback. I understand how frustrating this is for you as you have been a Fitbit customer for a long time and would like to continue enjoying the Fitbit experience, however, we as any other company have policies to follow through. Once again I apologize for any disappointment. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are welcome.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LiliyaFitbit , 

I appreciate your reply. Honestly I am saddened by this whole experience. I don't feel valued as a customer and feel as though I have been unfairly accommodated. I understand that there are policies that need to be met but after looking through the Fitbit Community pages it seems that experiences like mine are becoming more and more common. It feels as though Fitbit has transitioned from a point of peak customer service expectations to one of self-preservation at the detriment of the consumer. 

The Fitbit customer service used to be impeccable, and honestly it was one of the reasons I kept coming back to the brand.  Even recommending the devices to anyone and everyone that would listen. The last time I reached out to have my device replaced it was done quickly and effectively. I was even given the option of receiving a replacement device OR a 50% off of any one tracker that I chose. 

My experience recently was not as perfect. Between being blamed for my devices both malfunctioning even after seeing that it is a common problem, being given misinformation regarding the application of the discounts being offered, being told I'd have a manager contact me (which never happened) and being passed around from rep to rep I don't feel valued. In fact I feel like I've been pushed aside and encouraged to go buy another brand. Apple for example offers a two year protection on their watches. All I want is to be able to purchase a new device of my own choosing and not be offered the older models (in predetermined colours) that are being cleared out. 

Is there a way that you can help repair this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes