Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 and Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Just about to buy a Fitbit Versa 2 and wonder does Strava come pre-loaded out of the box or will I have to download it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As far as I can remember Strava is pre-installed. One thing to remember is that the Strava app is a view only app and you can't start workouts from it (you can only see past GPS based workout history). To start a workout on your watch you would use the Fitbit exercise app.

You can view the Strava app in the Fitbit app gallery here to get a better idea as to what to expect. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi!

If you are planning on using Versa 2 to track any distance based workouts, in Strava or otherwise, I'd advise you to look for watches from other manufactures. That's because currently Fitbits platform is broken when it comes to accurately tracking GPS distance. It's not common for the tracked distances to be off by 25% or more. There are a lot of threads about it in this section, if you want, take a look.

It's a long standing issue, that Fitbit is not acknowledging and therefore unlikely to be solved in the near future.

Best Answer

As far as I can remember Strava is pre-installed. One thing to remember is that the Strava app is a view only app and you can't start workouts from it (you can only see past GPS based workout history). To start a workout on your watch you would use the Fitbit exercise app.

You can view the Strava app in the Fitbit app gallery here to get a better idea as to what to expect. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Many thanks for your answer

Best Answer
0 Votes