Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa recording very high heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Since the 18 October, my fitbit Versa has not synced any heart rate to fitbit. It reports super high heart rate through the device which is most likely the reason it does not sync this to the phone/web. This in turn makes the sleep tracking not function, as well as the calories burned is unreliable. Tracking a workout is now useless. My heart rate is currently 140 while writing this while sitting down.

This means my Versa is just an digital watch with notifications on it. I've contacted the Fitbit helpdesk, and got a response "The devs know, just wait for an update.". I've asked for a replacement, in which they replied that a replacement won't do any good, implying that this happens with every fitbit versa device on the market as of now. Going back and forth, they ignore this implication and my questions for a new device.

I've monitored the forum and reddit, as shurely a flaw that big must make a lot of noice in the community, but only found a few complaining about this issue.

So the reason behind this post is to check with you guys, how many of you have this issue? And how many of you have an functioning device?

Things I've tried to resolve this issue:

* Factory reset

* Reset via the two buttons

* Make sure heart rate is turned on in settings

* On last firmware

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@SunsetRunner, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is tracking high heart rate readings. I appreciate the time spent trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

Our team is actively working on a fix and we expect to have a solution released soon. I totally understand how frustrating this is and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Once a solution is available, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the opposite. When I work out, it reads my HR low (like in the 90s and 80s) when I'm running on a treadmill or doing a stair climber. Though it is annoying and inaccurate readings, I've learned to just ignore it. It doesn't always do this, but most of the time it does. I always double check my HR on the cardio machines to see where I am really at. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are they actually near a fix for this? Can you be more specific? This has been an issue since 2018 and is the main reason I'm considering jumping ship and going to another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yessss! Finally I found a comment with the same problem that I am having. Mostly the heart rate is pretty accurate but for some odd reason it doesn’t show my real heart rate when I’m doing the stair climber. I can feel my heart almost explode & the machine confirms that by saying HR is at 180… the Fitbit watch keeps showing 90-100 as HR. It just annoys me because I know I’m burning many calories & I count calories daily so I like these things to be accurate 😩. Any tips for the stair climber issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes