Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lap count while swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I bought a new versa 2 and went for a swim and noticed it didnt do lap counts , it only showed me afterwards how many laps i did. Will this be implemented later on on the versa 2? Similar to the first versa ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Kalakeda  @Mattic  @EllaF  As I understand it the Versa 2 unable to show the lap count on the actual watch, but only in the app afterwards. I believe this is due to some hardware not being included in the V2, and therefore it will not be coming in an update. I realy hope it CAN be corrected as I agree - I want laps on my wrist. For me a big minus for the Versa 2, which I otherwise love.

Please go and vote for THIS Feature Suggestion. The more votes, the more likely it is to happen. Or if it cant happen on the Versa 2 it might at least be included on future trackers.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@Mattic Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your lap count on your Versa 2. Have you check the settings on your swim exercise configuration? Go to the Exercise icon, tap it then tap swim, there tap the gear icon on the top right corner and see the configuration it has for laps.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Alvaro, 

I have done the steps you said, but it does not give me the options to show laps while swimming. It only let's me choose the pool lenght and the always-on screen option. Thanks for reaching out! 

Greetings

Best Answer

Hi, I have exactly the same issue. 

Actually not even the time spent swimming is accurate. 

Apart from the mileage that for some reason it is not being recorded correctly.

For some odd reason today whilst swimming I also received a notification that I had just surpassed a steps milestone, when I was in the water.

Must admit I am relatively disappointed with the data collected by the Versa 2 when I bought it specifically to record my swimming sessions.

Best Answer

Please bring back the showing distance or laps swum during the workout as a feature. Swimmers don’t usually swim for time, but rather distance or number of laps so showing me that on the watch face during a swim workout would be sooooo much more helpful than the time elapsed. Thank you!

Best Answer

@Kalakeda  @Mattic  @EllaF  As I understand it the Versa 2 unable to show the lap count on the actual watch, but only in the app afterwards. I believe this is due to some hardware not being included in the V2, and therefore it will not be coming in an update. I realy hope it CAN be corrected as I agree - I want laps on my wrist. For me a big minus for the Versa 2, which I otherwise love.

Please go and vote for THIS Feature Suggestion. The more votes, the more likely it is to happen. Or if it cant happen on the Versa 2 it might at least be included on future trackers.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello @Mattic, thanks for your reply. 

Hello @Kalakeda and @EllaF, welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing your concern. 

Hello @NellyG, I appreciate your help. I was about to send the same feature suggestion. Everybody, please go an upvote it. 

If you have further questions or comments, please let us know!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's pretty **ahem**ty that the versa had lap counting and the later model versa 2 doesn't have it. Had I have known that this feature was not on versa 2 I definitely would not have been interested in owning a versa 2. Usually I do 100 laps of 25 m pool usually 56 without stopping so the lap counting that you could just press a button after you tumbled at the end of a lap to see how many laps you have done for me is a nice absolute must. I do hope they update the versa 2 to include this. Pretty much the versa 2 is useless for me without this feature. This feature is the only reason I purchased my original versa. Extremely dissapointed with the support regarding this just won't answer my question they just send a generic answer to try this and of course it doesn't work because the bloody watch doesn't support lap counting

Best Answer

Hello @Kazby, welcome to the forums. We appreciate your feedback. Apologies for the delayed response. 

Go and upvote the feature suggestion mentioned above, in case you haven't done so. This will help raise our developers know what the customers want. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. 

If you have any other question or comment, please do not hesitate to contact us. Regards!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RodrigoMFitbit all previous FitBit bands have shown lap count while swimming. Now Charge 4 and Versa 3 unfortunately do not show it. Instead of adding more useful features you are unfortunately removing them. I would really like to know why FitBiT decided to do this? A HUGE step in the wrong direction.

I hope FitBiT will fix this mistake soon.

Best Answer

Same here, I recently upgraded from the versa to the versa 3, I wanted to analyze my lap times, so frustrated i can’t check my lap times.  

Best Answer

Hey.  No offense but you don't know what you are talking about.  Please tell your bosses the versa 2 is useless for all swimmers.

Best Answer

I don't understand how it can be hardware if the number of laps is counted and appears in the app.  I think  Fitbit have lost the plot and it will be the last time I buy one of their watches.

Best Answer