Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa started draining it's battery very quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I'm new to Fitbit & I've been using Versa since last March 2019. It was working fine with 4+ days of battery life. My settings were All-Day Sync off but all other notifications on & I didn't change any settings after the first day of use. I updated my iPhone Fitbit app on 24th May & since then Versa started drain it's battery within two (2) days. I tried several things mentioned on this community forum like Restarting, un-pairing Bluetooth & restarting my phone e.t.c. Nothing improved the battery life.

But one thing I noticed after 24th May is that now the Bluetooth icon on my phone is always dark black (which means it's being used/connected) whether or not I'm using the Fitbit App (No any other devices are paired via Blutooth with the phone). On the other hand before the App update I remember that the icon was light grey when I'm not using the App & it turns dark black when the App is syncing with my Versa.

Is this a common issue with Versa or something to do with Fitbit App update? Please help

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@LahiruM Welcome! It's great to see you around! 

Let me help you with your Versa's battery life and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I would like to clarify that your Versa can't interfere with your phone settings. Still you can turn off the bluetooth and only use it when you want to sync to see if this helps. You can also try these suggestions to help resolve the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alvaro,

Thanks for replying.

I'm using UL listed charger from the day one & the battery life was okay until 24th May (4+ days). But all of a sudden it's started draining battery on 24th evening & thereafter Versa couldn't hold its battery for more than two days. The only difference I did was updating my iPhone Fitbit app on 24th.

What I meant previously about Bluetooth is that I can remember before the 24th, my phone's Bluetooth goes into sleep mode (light grey icon) when I'm not using Fitbit app & Bluetooth wakes up (dark black icon) when I'm using Fitbit app. Now Bluetooth is always active whether or not I'm using Fitbit app (I don't have any other devices connected to my phone via Bluetooth)

Is there anyway that I can improve Versa's battery life to previous state?

Best Answer
0 Votes