Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not receive text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Versa that has worked great until yesterday. I updated my iPhone 8plus with the new IOS 13.1.1 software update. After this installation, my Fitbit has only been getting notifications from email, snapchat, calls etc. and not one text message will come through. I realize this update is probably the source of my text notification issue but was wondering if anyone has found a solution? It is driving me nuts.

I have restarted my watch, my phone, unpaired and re-paired the watch to bluetooth, deleted the fit bit app restarted my phone and re-downloaded the app to pair with the device, none of which has worked. I have also checked notifications settings for messages on both my iPhone and within the Fitbit notifications on the app, both are clicked on to allow notifications. When I have toggled on and off these last two settings in the past, I have selected allow notifications between my phone and watch multiple times. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Very frustrating!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hollywood3408 Will be addressed with the next fitbit app update hopefully. Please try this:

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone > Bluetooth.
  3. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  4. Turn on Share System Notifications.
  5. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  6. For Phone and Calendar, make sure Allow Notifications and Notification Center are on.
  7. For Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on, Lock ScreenNotification Center, and Banners are on, and Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

@Hollywood3408 Will be addressed with the next fitbit app update hopefully. Please try this:

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone > Bluetooth.
  3. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  4. Turn on Share System Notifications.
  5. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  6. For Phone and Calendar, make sure Allow Notifications and Notification Center are on.
  7. For Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on, Lock ScreenNotification Center, and Banners are on, and Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thank you so much! The key to my problem was within the notification center under messages. For Messages, make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked. As soon as I changed it to when unlocked messages came flying in! Thank you!

Best Answer

@Hollywood3408 glad i could help! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@Hollywood3408 welcome to our Fitbit Community! Regarding the notifications issue that you experienced with your Versa, I'm so glad to hear that you managed to resolve it after following the troubleshooting steps that shared my friend @Marrrmaduke. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hi all.  I'm having the same issue still. I have rebooted Versa, turned off/on, turned phone on/off, set notifications to exactly as the directions instructed...still no text messages are coming through.  My phone and apps are all up-to-date.  I know there is a notification in the app, but even after following all the directions there and here, it still isn't working.  Help!! 

Thanks,

xoxox

Erin

Best Answer

I have the same problem! I have a google phone number that will receive text notifications on my Versa; unfortunately, that's my business number and not everyone has it.  So I must be near my phone. 

There is a sense of comfort knowing I'm not the only one with this problem.

It sounds like they are trying to get it corrected.

Best Answer

Hi. Yes!  I agree that it's nice to know it isn't just us :).  I'm also trying to imagine it from Fitbit developers' points of view.  Yikes!  I single update throws this kind if wrench in your set-up.  That's gotta hurt.

I too hope they fix it soon.

Best,

Erin

Best Answer
Just did the latest iOS 13.1.2 hoping it would be a fix; it wasn’t. Interesting though, A friend has a newer versa , Updated her phone and still receives texts. Some people have all the luck.

Bobbie
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke I have tried your instructions several times, turned my iPhone on and off, reset my versa and still no text messages coming across. All my other notifications, however, are coming across (Calendar, Hydrate bottle, Marco Polo). Do you have any other ideas? I updated to iOS 13.1.2 last night, I'm sure that's what threw me off.

Best Answer
I updated again 13.1.2 hoping the fix was in; it wasn’t.

Bobbie
Best Answer
Ugh, I'm hoping I don't have to shell out a bunch of money for a an Apple Watch 😞 
Best Answer

@AZBayernGal @dec26ember At this point it's waiting for Fitbit mobile app update. They will need to address the changes in Bluetooth that Apple introduced with iOS13 update. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got done chatting with Customer Service.  I have a Versa and was receiving everything except text messages. I did everything that was listed on the "fixes" except the previews part because I don't really like my text messages to show a preview.  But I did it and that was the key to making it work.  I put it on only when unlocked until another "fix" comes about!

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. I have done all the trouble shooting multiple times and still nothing. I’m ready to be done with the Fitbit as nobody has responded to anything or given me any advice. 

Best Answer
I spoke with them the other day and was told to do all this trouble
shooting. I am now receiving texts but the messages must be visible when
the notification comes in "always and in locked screen" I'm not happy
about that since I don't want anyone to see my personal texts. Only
solution at this time is to keep phone face down unless it's in my purse or
pocket.
This tells me the problem is not fixed!

--
Bobbie
Best Answer

Thank you, @keysc! I did switched to "show preview" when unlocked under Notifications -> messages and my first text message came across. I also switched Show Previews to when unlocked right under Notifications so I'm not sure which fix did the trick but it's working! I was getting ready to go out and buy an apple watch! 

Best Answer
yep; now we keep phones face down until then 🙂

--
Bobbie
Best Answer
0 Votes
See, I’ve done all the trouble shooting that has been on the threads and the main Fitbit app. I’ve made sure everything is up to date ect. And still nothing, I’m beyond frustrated. Thank you for responding.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the chat online. It was a quick response.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes