Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit connect "an error occurred" during login

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I wanted to upload some music on my Versa 2 but when I try to login to the Versa 2 app I get the message "An error occurred, please try again". Email password are fine because I can login to fitbit.com without issue. 

I tried under different network on both Mac OS and Windows. How can I upload music on my Versa 2 if the app doesn't work?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Having the same issue.  Fitbit please fix this!

Best Answer

Same problem!  It used to work last year, but now I bought a Versa 2 when my Ionic stopped working.  I went with the Versa 2 because it says it allows you to store your music.  But now I can't log into fitbit connect to do that.

Best Answer

So ive been working with support back and forward via twitter; so far nothing has worked this is what ive tried (or been told ) 

1. make sure the time is correct on the laptop - eg autotime  

2. change regional setting to match -  I purchased the watch a few weeks back in Australia, im now back in France 

3. uninstall and reinstall the fitbit connect app on the computer, restart the computer - done this many times 

4. upgrade mac osx to the latest update

5. try a different network 

6. ive even installed the fitbit app onto my tablet 

its pretty crappy that the only reason i purchased this was that transferring music to an apple watch was slow and painful, but i am very let down that you cant even transfer music from your phone/tablet - especially for ppl that travel a lot and dont take a computer with them often 

If i was still in Australia i would be taking this back and asking for a refund - this is such a joke 

Best Answer

Same issue with Ionic - trying to log in to Fitbit connect give "an error occurred, please try again" but I know the account credentials are fine because i can sync, etc. but trying to use Fitbit connect to transfer music gives this error.

Best Answer

This isn't working for me either.

But I have music on my Ionic because it *did* work earlier in the year. This is infuriating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not able to log into Fitbit Connect app, I know my username and password is correct because I'm logged in on the website in the browser with same credentials.

"An error occurred, please try again"

using Fitbit Connect Desktop Client RC v2.0.2.7066

Best Answer

Hi, have you got anywhere with this ?  It's out-of-order that Fitbit don't respond to this blog and give us all the answer we need.

Best Answer

I'm stuck in this same spot too, which is really frustrating because I have been trying to get music loaded onto my Versa.  The one thing I noticed after reading this thread is I do need to updated my Mac Operating System.  I'm giving that a shot and will see if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm with the latest version but still nothing. I'm gonna take a Wear OS watch and bye bye fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope still nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes

So i never got it to work on the new mac OS.  I had to borrow a windows 10 laptop and I also had to recreate a new account. But after heaps of mucking around its working. Transfer speed is heaps faster than transferring to an apple watch 3 - but take out the few weeks back and forward mucking around, shoulda just kept to the apple watch... very disappointing  

Best Answer
0 Votes