Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ending support for Fitbit connect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received an email from Fitbit saying they are ending support for Fitbit connect & I will have to use the app on my phone to sync music (to my Versa 2.) I usually put my personal music on my Versa 2 using the computer--does anyone know how to put personal music on my Versa 2 using a phone?  I was hoping Fitbit would put the personal music function back on the next set of smart watches, but this seems to me they are going in the opposite direction.  Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

Jeni

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

You will no longer be able to add music to you're Versa 2.  So just add as much music as you can or fav songs only.

https://imgur.com/a/usIZsHB

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
Best Answer

Thanks for the clarification. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received an email today from Fitbit advising that, "We will be deactivating the Fitbit Connect service as of 13 October, 2022. This means you will no longer be able to transfer music files to your device or sync to your desktop computer."

I contacted Support to ask about an alternative system/method for transferring music. I was advised that there are no plans for an alternative to transfer music files to my device.

This is deeply concerning, as one of the primary reasons I chose to purchase the Versa 2 was the capacity to transfer music files and listen offline (to avoid carrying my phone whilst running).

Fitbit - I'd greatly appreciate your response to advise on the replacement/alternative to transfer music to the Versa 2. This is such an important feature and a key selling point of the Versa 2.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

i also agree, there must be an alternative to be able to transfer music to my Versa 2 as well.

Best Answer

@Gabrielle00   @RXKwok   This is a moderated user to user Help site.  I’m sorry, but I don’t think you will get a different answer here.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @LZeeW - I thought the same, but Fitbit Customer Support advised me that the only place I could raise this as a concern/complaint was via the Community site. If this doesn't garner a response, I'll be following up with Fitbit elsewhere. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems Fitbit is determined to cut its' nose off to spite its' face.  I have the original Versa & 2 Versa 2's, so I will be piling what music I can on to them before October.  I do have Deezer, but the music on my computer is not available on any music service. 

I also have a Garmin Venu, & it is great on battery life, storage capacity & built in gps, but the music playlists are not easy to navigate between songs & the sleep tracking isn't as accurate.  However, once my Fitbits quit working, I will be going with Garmin. 

I have been with Fitbit since 2016, so not as long as some people, but it seems to me they don't appreciate their longtime customers as much as they should.  I feel for those of you who have been with them for longer than me.

Jeni

Best Answer

I figured they wouldn't have an alternative. Fitbit never showed interest in supporting this feature.  Like you, it drove my decision to buy the model.  Their inept developers have been trying to figure out which ear buds will work with it for well over a year with no luck.  They told me I could play music through my phone with no sense of how ridiculous that recommendation was.  Fortunately, I was able, through trial and error, to find Apple air buds work. 

At least they gave us a little time to create a final playlist to last until the charge inevitability dies and everyone switches to a supported brand. Such a shame, I enjoyed my fitbit for the first 8 years i had them. Then quality and support just ended. 

Best Answer

The reason I chose the versa 2 is so I can hike and walk without my phone.
If I need to take my phone with e, I may as well get any other brand.  Even the cheapest will count steps and monitor my heart rate.

Best Answer

I received a email stating in October 2022 I will no longer be able to download music from my computer to my versa 2 , does anyone know anything about how I will be able to continue to put music onto my fitbit versa 2? Ability to have music was one of the main reasons I updated and purchased the versa 2

Best Answer

@cinloushaw   Another user posted the entire email, so I was able to read it.  There doesn't seem to be any way to change your music playlists after Fitbit Connect gets disconnected.  A different user recommended choosing your favorite music before it gets disconnected.  I'm sorry that I don't have any better answer for you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting. I looked at the specs in the online store, and it says, "Play Music with Pandora & Deezer". I also have two Versa 2 boxes here, and nothing about music on the packaging. 

Best Answer

From the Versa 2 manual

"Listen to personal music and podcasts
With the Music app on Versa 2, you can store several hours worth of your
favorite songs and podcasts to play right from your wrist. To download playlists to
your watch, you need a computer that can connect to the same Wi-Fi connection as
your watch, and the free Fitbit Connect app. Keep in mind you can only transfer
files that you own or that don't require a license. Songs from music subscription
services are not supported for download to the Music app. For information on
supported subscription services, see "Use Deezer on Versa 2" on page 54 and "Use
Pandora on Versa 2 (United States only)" on page 54."

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

On Oct 13 they are deactivating Fitbit Connect. I had to replace my Ionic due to the recall and less than 3 months ago settled on the Versa 2 due to the ability to download standalone music onto the watch and not have to pay for a streaming service or use my phone.  Is there another way or app to download music or alter playlists on our watch?  I'm disappointed that during the recall nothing was said pertaining to this feature being discontinued and essentially rendering a new watch totally obsolete. 

Best Answer

Also livid about this. This is a selling point. It is listed as a feature on the box. I purchased a second versa 2 just this year for my son. I had to invest in a new mobile device as well because it wouldn't work with our older android. Now the only way he can use the music feature, despite having already purchased all the music he wants to listen to, is to spend yet MORE money on a premium music service. And Fitbit just throws this email out with no apologies, no compensation, no opportunity to return recently purchased watches. It is insane.

Best Answer

We bought 2 of them in May for that reason alone. What makes me more upset is if you go on the website they are still selling them without any notice that this function will be obsolete in approx 60 days.  This is a poor service model and even worse customer support since there isn't anyone who has an idea what is going on.  I was on support chat earlier and the representative tried to tell me that standalone music wasn't even a feature on the versa 2.

Best Answer

That is crazy. Especially since if you go to the versa 2 support page for listening to music the first thing it mentions is the ability to add your own mp3's directly using the connect app.

Best Answer

@BozzleSnoz It's not listed as a feature on the 2 Versa 2 boxes I have here. Although someone mentioned it's still listed in the Owners Manual. I looked at my boxes when I first saw posts about this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes