Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ending support for Fitbit connect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received an email from Fitbit saying they are ending support for Fitbit connect & I will have to use the app on my phone to sync music (to my Versa 2.) I usually put my personal music on my Versa 2 using the computer--does anyone know how to put personal music on my Versa 2 using a phone?  I was hoping Fitbit would put the personal music function back on the next set of smart watches, but this seems to me they are going in the opposite direction.  Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

Jeni

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

Got mine in February. Has "control Spotify plus store and play music" on the box.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have never used the other music services. Do they allow you to store their music on the watch such that you don't need your phone with you to listen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some do but you have to pay for the service. Fitbit connect allowedyou to download from your computer or iTunes for free. After Oct you won't be able to download any music to your watch and will need a streaming service and your phone app to use music through your watch. Sad thing is all connect did was allow you to transfer music to your watch from your phone, computer, or an app to use offline. All apps now require you to be online to use off your phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! I am so disappointed that they are discontinuing fitbit connect! At least come up with an alternative or better yet, DON'T DO IT. This was the whole reason I handed over a pretty big jump in price- to be able to put music directly onto my Versa 2. So convenient for a quick jog when there is no service or you just want to disconnect. Such a shame, Fitbit. Guess I'll be looking for an alternative watch.

Best Answer

Hi @redwastaken - it is possible that they will be moving the option [with the release of new phones] to the Fitbit App which would be good.

I notice the size of the Fitbit App has increased significantly so it may have that functionality already but withheld till a later date, so it may not be the end of offline music.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

I was advised to do the same thing- bring this up in the community. Wonder if any Fitbit QA is listening.

Good to know about Garmin. Anyone else have suggestions to new devices that have this feature as well as health tracking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have Deezer premium & I have playlists on my watch so that I don't need my phone to listen to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone else ever wondered why there is no standalone app for Fitbit products that do not require a sign in? Now they are discontinuing Fitbit Connect and we will no longer be able to download our music to our Fitbit devices,.. why would someone have to sign in to a Fitbit controlled platform and not just be able to use a local app to put music on their device? Fitbit is a Mickey Mouse operation and a comp

What that means is you can use your watch to control the music on your phone, not transfer music to Versa from your phone.

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

I use this feature to download podcasts to listen to when I go for bike rides. New podcasts are released all the time, but no longer can I add them to my Fitbit? This was the one feature that sold me on Fitbit! I even chose the 2 instead of the 3 because of this feature.

I'd also like to add my disgust here with the founders of Fitbit for selling out to a company like Google that does this kind of crap. Why is Google  eliminating this feature? Because Google hates Microsoft and more importantly this feature doesn't make Google money. Pure and simple. If you get a subscription to Pandora or Deezer from the only place it is available, the Play store, they get 30% of your subscription! It's all about money folks. I hate, hate, hate Google. I got my Fitbit just a few weeks before Google bought Fitbit. I would have looked elsewhere had I known that was happening. I guess it's time to find another brand. Thanks for nothing Fitbit founders. 

Best Answer

Fitbit, I'm sure you will be losing customers after today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought an apple watch after i got the email bye bye fitbit !

Best Answer

It’s nice that the “moderator” edited my comment but, as far as I’m concerned, by removing this feature, Fitbit has stolen $200 from me. I always curse when some **ahem**ing thief reaches into my wallet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @versabaffed  when we join the forums, we agree to abide by the Terms of Service. I've had posts edited, merged and removed. Moderators always let me know why they did it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes