Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit pay not working when screen is off-Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

You long press the left button to bring the digital card on your versa (only the special editions have the fitbit pay). Then when you rotate/move your hand to take it closer to the card reader, the versa picks up the motion and turns screen off

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Once you press the left button to bring up the card, it should work regardless of the screen being on or off.

Try restarting your Versa by pressing and holding the left button and bottom right button together for 15 secs, this may help to clear out any software glitches. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

this work when you have the auto feature on. But obvisouly while the fitbit pay is on, arm movement shouldn't turn off the screen. It is ridiculous the versa is shipped with this "bug"

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works fine for me. I've never had this happen.

I just tested it. It does turn the screen off, but it still works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The NFC technology has nothing to do with the device's display.

You could have an Ionic (or Versa) with a broken display that would never turn on and if you're able to navigate the device until you find your card, the chip inside the Fitbit will take care of the transaction.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer

Thanks for your input. I'd have to try again. But every time I tried, while the screen turned off, the NFC reader did not register anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you press the left button to bring up the card, it should work regardless of the screen being on or off.

Try restarting your Versa by pressing and holding the left button and bottom right button together for 15 secs, this may help to clear out any software glitches. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did restart my versa and the next time it worked. Cheers!

@N8teGee wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent, glad it's working for you now Smiley Happy

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes