Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit stoped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love this watch. Only had it 3 months so was pretty gutted the other day when I looked down to check the time and it was off. 

I tried turning it on, and got nothing.

I had only charged it the day before but I put it on charge anyway and got nothing.

So, I tried the restart a few times and also got nothing. 

My partner and I have one each so I tried the other charge, which I know works, fine but still nothing.

Just black.

It has never been knocked or in water (because I don't trust water proof).
Anyone else had this? I'm out of Ideas.

Expensive item to last only 3 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

My Versa did the same around 3:30 PM today. About an hour ago I tried to sync it with my app and it would sync halfway then stop. So I deleted the Versa from my app and tried to reinstall it. It would get hung up after I typed in the four digits and give me a 503 error, which I’m not sure what that means, but I’m going to research and hopefully figure it out.

Best Answer

This just happened to me tonight! I know it had plenty of charge, when I logged my afternoon water bottle it was at 63%. Sitting on the couch around 8pm I get a low battery notice and now it's completely unresponsive even on the charger. This is my second warranty replacement so 3rd Versa in under a year. Beginning to wonder if it's even worth asking for another, they don't seem to last. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my versa quit on me last night, flat out dead.  The battery was running down so I figured it had died.  When I set up the charger, it would not even illuminate to show it was charging.  I tried several different outlets and even another charger.  The watch is completely dead. so bummed.  I've tried restarting it, nothing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did get my Fitbit working again and connected to my app last night. I shut down my Fitbit Versa, and restarted it six times. Then I opened my Fitbit app and was able to connect the two, and so far my Fitbit is working. Maybe this will help you?

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Stephanie.
Unfortunately my fitbit is entirely unresponsive.
But I'm very glad yours is working!
Cheers,
Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems there are a lot of people having these issues. It happened to mine and restarted on their advice and thankfully it started charging. However, my battery was lasting 4 days and all of a sudden it's 2. They keep trying to tell me it's about right for my usage which is BS as it was working fine until they told me to do that! I'm so annoyed at the moment! Hope you find a fix for yours 😬 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit versa stop working in November. It died at work got home yo charge it and nothing. Cleaned off the charger and my watch nothing. It's not the charger because my husband uses it for his watch. Only had it 9months! I think they should send me a new one!!!😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you done a restart on it at all? Although if you do you're likely to have battery issues after! This is what's happened to me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa will not charge either.  The battery was low yesterday so I thought just needed recharging.  How do you restart it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try to push the button on the left for few seconds until you see on the screen Battery 0%

Then plug is quickly to the charger

This strange behavior came with the last Firmware update (perhaps it is a coincidence but this is what I noticed)

Finally my Versa died few days ago, hopefully still under warranty,... the support will send to me a new one... the 3rd in 18 months... too bad, but the Support Guys are nice 🙂

Best Answer
  • Figured out how to restart (Holding down back button and bottom button until logo appears). Seems to be charging now.  Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good for you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
That sucks. They absolutely should. At that price it should last 2 years
minimum
Best Answer
0 Votes
Multiple times. Its is totally unresponsive.
Best Answer
0 Votes

that did it for me.  thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa died as well, wont respond to the charger. What is the next step to get it sorted, can someone help please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey you need to hold down the big button on the right and the bottom button on left until you see the fitbit logo this will restart it hopefully and you should then be able to charge. This happened to me bit the charge went down from lasting 4 days to only 2 so this could happen. Hope it works for you! 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry correction big button on left and button button on right 🤦🏼‍:female_sign: getting my left and right mixed up!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't lose time, context the support by email or Twitter, you'll see if something is possible... They changed mine...

Best Answer
0 Votes