Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing running distance on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I've been having some issues getting my Versa 2 watch to display the right distance and the right pace during my runs, and it's estimates are much more optimistic than the reality. I use the tracker on my watch, wait for the confirmation that the watch is connected to my phone's GPS, and then I start my run. I've set my stride length to be automatic according to the distance I actually run.

The problem is that I also use another running app that tracks my distance using my phone's GPS, the same one that my Versa 2 is supposed to be using to know the distance I've run. Here is the difference I've had today:

Fitbit app: 7.85 km. 6 min. 26 seconds average pace. 50 minutes, 17 seconds total time. 

Runkeeper (which shows the same distance as Google Maps when I double check): 7.09 km. 6 min. 53 seconds average pace. 48 minutes, 51 seconds total time. 

The difference isn't that huge, but it is still annoying to not get my actual data with my watch, and it makes it tough to know what pace I am actually going during my run. Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

As an additionnal bit of information, the map that appears in the two apps (Fitbit and Runkeeper) are exactly the same, which makes it that much more puzzling why my Fitbit is increasing the distance it thinks I've ran. 

Best Answer
0 Votes