Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreground notification error message on Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased the fitbit versa 2 the other day and ever since I keep having a message show up on my phone. 

Fitbit cannot accurately use your phone's pedometer without a foreground notification. I'm not sure what it means but I'd like it to go away and fix the problem. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Here is what worked for me: from the Fitbit phone app, click your image on the top of the main fitbit page. Then, look for a device called MobileTrack and unpair it. The continuous notification went away. If you don't want to use your phone at all to track your steps, then unpairing the MobileTrack device will get rid of the notification. You can add it back later if you want to.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @sdelorme25, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. To better assist you with this, can you please send me a picture or a screenshot of the message that was specified in you post? Please refer to this post to know how to attach an image into your post.

I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20191221-173531.png

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same problem. What is the answer?

Best Answer

Do you have an answer yet for this query, as I'm getting the same message? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

I have the first Versa and I've been getting this message for awhile. I see there is still no answer!

Best Answer

Fitbit does not seem to reply or help with anything..I am getting the same message also sleep scores stopped at the same time unless I nap for less than 3 hrs..lol 

Best Answer

I have it too! So annoying...not having any feedback from fitbit is even more annoying...

Best Answer

Hi, I am getting the same message. What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Best Answer

Has there been a solution to this post as I am getting the exact same error. 

Best Answer

do you have an answer for this?

my phone has the same notification.

i have restarted my phone and rebooted my fit bit and it still has the same notification.

Best Answer

Is there a solution yet?? My LG V60 thinQ is doing it too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is what worked for me: from the Fitbit phone app, click your image on the top of the main fitbit page. Then, look for a device called MobileTrack and unpair it. The continuous notification went away. If you don't want to use your phone at all to track your steps, then unpairing the MobileTrack device will get rid of the notification. You can add it back later if you want to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20230118_191043.jpg

Best Answer

Hi @grimjim98 @ScottKaphingst - the most likely correct answer was posted here

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So does this mean we have to lose the ability for the phone to track steps to get rid of this notification?

Best Answer
0 Votes