Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 Blank Screen & No Green Lights

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

After swimming (above 50m) yesterday, my Fitbit Versa 3 went blank. I charged it overnight. No luck. I tried restarting it. No luck. The green lights on the back are not flashing anymore either.

Please help.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there It's nice to see a new face on the community, @danicaligirl, although I'm sorry you're having issues with your Fitbit Versa 3.

Thanks for letting me know the steps you have already tried. As a first step, I would like you to try cleaning the charging contacts on the back of the device using a toothbrush and some fresh water. Be sure to dry the contacts completely before charging your device.

I also need you to clean the pins that are on the charging cable. To do this, use a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol. Be sure to remove any pieces of the swab that may be left on the pins.

Finally, you will need to connect your device to another USB port or a UL certified USB wall charger.

If possible, let me know if you see any type of condensation in your device's display. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately that did not work. When I connect it to charge it keeps showing me 0% then disappears. 

Best Answer

Hi @danicaligirl, thanks for your reply. 

While you were troubleshooting your device, I was thinking about any other cause that can stop your Versa 3 from charging properly. There is another reason that could be affecting the charging. Could you please check if the charging cable has any damage? I will share a picture here so you can see what I am talking about.

EstuardoFitbit_0-1684245661449.png

If you see that there is a pin that looks shorter than the other ones, that may be the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over and over again, there are versa 3 issues after swimming. It's clearly not a charger issue. It's a faulty watch issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope it doesn’t look like that. I tried to attach a photo but Fitbit won’t allow it. But all of the prongs on my charger are up and at the same height.

Best Answer

Thanks @VC13 for sharing your feedback I can assure you we are always trying to improve our services and products. 

@danicaligirl Upon checking our records, I noticed that you have already contacted our support team and they have already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions or concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team again for further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I never received any help from them aside from things that I already tried
like resetting, checking the charging cord and charger, and cleaning them.
I didn’t receive any further instruction that I can recall. I was told to
expect an email from them that I never received.
Best Answer

That's been my experience so far with the same issue you are having. Customer service tells me to expect an email that never comes. When following up I'm told to continue waiting and be assured it's coming. Never get an email with any kind of case number, no real proof that anything is happening. It's clear there is something the customer service agents can see on their end, but it's frustrating I have nothing to ease my mind that something is happening or will happen.

Best Answer

Finally got a response from customer service, not sure if it's just a coincidence with raising the issue on the forums or not, if so I do appreciate the person behind the scenes.

I was offered a 35% discount for a new device. I genuinely find this unacceptable. No offer to send it in to be fixed, no option to be replaced with a refurbished model, nothing.

The device failed when using a feature I was sold on (swimming). It was never abused, was always taken care of, and never visited a beach or place that could be rough on it. 

Email says I have 30 days to use the discount, so I'll use that time to decide if I want to stay with the Fitbit family or not. After 7 years and 4 devices, I just don't feel appreciated, or that Fitbit guarantees their device to work the way they advertise.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing! I really love the FitBit devices WHEN they are working. This is my second one and the first one just stopped working for no reason at all, same as this one. I liked this one too because I could use it in all sports activities, like you mentioned. But clearly that was false advertising. So frustrating and I hope @Fitbit can resolve this matter in a more appropriate manner like you mentioned.

Best Answer

Hey guys @danicaligirl @VC13, thanks for coming back to this thread. 

I appreciate your participation here. I want to let you know and assure you that we are working hard on every single user's case to provide the most suitable resolution possible. I hope you understand that we are trying to manage all the incoming inquiries as best we can while also sticking to the processes and policies we have in place.

@danicaligirl I understand that you are eager to receive an update on your case. Our team working on it diligently and will provide you with an update as soon as we can. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

@VC13 We do not have any service centers available at this time, but we are working on expanding our service network. I appreciate your continued trust and support. I hope we can continue to count on you as a valued member of the Fitbit family.

Best Answer
0 Votes