Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen screen on Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa screen is frozen on source output screen.

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Do a Restart and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer

Hey @_Case3, it's great to see new faces around and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if the instruction provided by our friend worked? Are you still having issues with your Versa being frozen?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My Versa is frozen on the watch face. It won't change the time, count steps, track heart rate or anything. tried to reset several times, shutdown and let it sit for 15 minutes but nothing is working. I'm afraid if I factory reset I will loose all the info it's tracked.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@Kanelso Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa display got frozen. Thank you by the way for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums. Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

My Versa screen is frozen. The clock reads 9:08 and 52 seconds, but it's 10:32 now. It is unresponsive to pressing any of the buttons. I tried holding the back button for over a minute and nothing happened.

I was cooking dinner, and when I sat down to eat I realized the face was lit up and not turning off.

I tried to sync it with my android app, and the app said tracker not found. I also tried putting it on the charging dock, but that didn't seem to change anything either. Since none of the buttons are responsive, I can't get to where I can reset my Versa. 

I've not had it for a whole week yet. I've not subjected it to any extreme environments or done anything while wearing it that I wouldn't normally do wearing my old Flex. 

On the back of the watch, where the heart rate monitor is, of the 4 windows - the second from the left has a green light flickering. This is the only thing going on to tell me there is power happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyDey Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa's display keeps freezing even though you have restarted it. Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our customer service department and the'll be happy to follow up.

Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit versa is frozen also.  I have reset several times but with no luck.  It wont track anything and now wont charge either.  This is my second Fitbit in around 6 months.  My first one wouldn’t keep its charge.  I am quite disappointed.  Is there anything I can do or is it pointless.

Best Answer

@LRanton Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! Thank you also for taking the time to try the solutions before getting in touch with our Community. I will forward your case to our Customer Service department and they'll be glad to follow up.

Let me know if you need more assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know the original post is quite old but I am having ALMOST the same problem.  My Versa is frozen EXCEPT for the time itself.  Time is keeping up but no heart rate, steps, stairs, etc. - just the icons but no numbers coming up other than the time.  The buttons all seem to be working.  I've tried resetting several times now with no change.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
I was advised to do a factory reset. This is found in settings under About. You will need to setup the Versa again but it worked for me.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same problem! The time is working but it seems as though the actual touch screen isn’t working. Will try and factory reset and see if it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I had my problem, I just had to wait for the battery to die. Then
restart it. 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is frozen on the Fitbit start up screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got mine going again but it took a reset back to the factory settings to get it going again.  And the face that I had chosen was no longer an option so had to select another clock face.  But it's worked fine for the past two weeks since I made my initial post up above.  

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. Except the time still works. What did they tell you to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is happening to me now. What was the advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I factory reset my watch. The only thing I lost from doing that was the
face preference. I haven't had any issues since I did that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got no answers. It finally reset after the battery died. Still seems very
glitchy. Some emails can't be swiped away and stay until I do a restart.
UGGhh

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was the factory reset that got me going again and haven't had the issue pop up again since.

Best Answer
0 Votes