Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golf GPS app not loading courses on Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

Ive recently bought a Fitbit Versa in order to use this for yardage’s etc on the golf course.

I have downloaded the golf GPS game, it connects and gets GPS connection but when I go on ‘retrieve courses’ it gets stuck and searches for courses. 

Do I need to download courses if so how do I do it? 

Any help is really apparectiated. 

Thanks in advance! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@Jweston123 Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Since this is a third party app you will need to contact the developer for more information. I suggest you remove the app, restart your Versa and download the app again. You can restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

By the way @RobertoME was kind enough to mention that the developer for this app is present in this thread so if you are still having issues feel free to post your question there.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I was recently given a Fitbit Versa for Father's Day and downloaded the golf app by Peter Oskam. It will find the course but,won't give anymore information, yardages etc...  I get 3 seats of numbers 413,412, 412 with #1 in the upper right hand corner, Is there anything i'm missing?

Best Answer

Welcome! It's great to see you around @wmurphy254 Since this is a third party app you can try either my suggestion about removing and installing the app again or contacting the developer for more information. As mentioned before the developer is present on another thread here in our Community so feel free to reach out to him there. Maybe he could share some screenshots or a mini manual on how the app should work.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I did as you suggested but, it didn't solve the problem. I went golfing today and it was the same problem? I'm hoping the app owner see this and provides a solution?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have this contact information?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wmurphy254 sorry for the delay in my response. Please click on the link in my first post to reach the correct thread were you can interact with the author of this app for your Versa.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer

I sent an email to the owner of the app about a week ago but, haven't received a response yet?

Best Answer

Hi there,

Im the developer of the golf gps app for fitbit versa. Someone notified me about this topic. I answer almost all email, but it can take up to 2 weeks.

I dont own a versa which makes testing difficult for me. If you have feedback or buge reports about the app please mail or reply on this topic.

The versa relies on the phones gps sigmal and therefore the phones connection as well.

The app shows distances to front middle back of green. By using the buttons, cou can change holes. If the course has hazards listed, distance to front and back will be shown as well. Hazards can be added on my website. The app will also does clubsuggestions. Comming features are auto hole advance and shot tracking

A new releaese will be comming weekend. The beta version with the fixes can be download already. See link below.

I am golf enthusiast which does programming for a a hobby. I might not answer quickly. If you like the app and my efforts, consider making a donation

If you are experience problems, you might want to download the beta version of the golf app. This version might be buggy but maybe solves your problem. Remove the normal version first and then download the beta version (use your phone)

FAQ
No GPS signal.
Please stand outside with a clear view of the sky. The very first GPS fix can take 15 minutes since fitbit has to know where it is in order to know which satellites to check for. After the first fix, the GPS knows which satellites to search for which speeds up the process. GPS does not work indoor.

No phone connection
The Fitbit phone connection has always been buggy. I hope fitbit will improve this. Restarting the app might work. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on your phone.

My Course is missing, can you add it?
First of all, check if your course exists at https://fitbitgolf.com/?p=list
If it really does not exists, add it yourself at https://fitbitgolf.com/?p=add

Does not find courses
If there is a phone connection and gps fix. The courses should be found within 10 seconds. Otherwise, restart the app. If the problems persists,

Location not updating
Are you on the Versa? The versa has no built in GPS and it uses the phones GPS. Some phones do not allow the GPS use by fitbit. Also, when the phone connection drops, the location update stops. If you walk away from your phone, the GPS update stops.

Yards or Meters
By default the app uses your fitbit account settings for distance.
Fitbit App on phone-->Account-->Advanced settings-->Units-->Length

You can override the default settings by going the app specific settings
Fitbit app on phone-->Ionic/versa-->Apps-->Golf GPS App-->Settings

Best Answer

@wmurphy254 sorry for the delay in my response. As you can see @Pietero is here to help you so I hope his instructions can help resolve any issues you may have.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

Have you managed to get yardages using the Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not relavent to thread, wasn't sure how to directly get ahold of you to ask questions, is there a current eta when we could see the app back up and running

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rbirons, It is available in the App gallery for 2 years already. Not sure why you are asking

Best Answer

I have the app I bought the access and used it multiple time but The website has been down for at least a week now and I can't download new courses, should I uninstall and try redownloading the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rbirons 

This post is not intended for customer support. On https://golf4watch.com/?p=support you can see the FAQ.

The website isn't down, But I think your want isn't able to contact my server.

If GPS, PHONE & WWW turned green and the loading takes too long then probably your watch message queue is full. Reboot your watch and phone to clear the queue

• Reboot your watch (press & hold back button for 10 seconds)
  • Reboot your phone
  • Check if you can update the app When the website loads click on "Open app"

Some users report that the only solution was to remove the fitbit from your account and then add it again. Sometimes that doesn't work as well and then you need to factory reset your Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all your help! I realized when you mentioned server, I was running a VPN on my phone and that was what wasn't allowing me to connect to the website.

Best Answer
0 Votes