Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Hangouts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to enable the notifications for Google Hangouts on my FitBit Versa for weeks now and it won't add it to my apps list. I have received countless notifications on my phone for hangouts and I have synced my Versa countless times after receiving these notifications, but still nothing. This is how my work communicates with each other so it's really important that I get this added. Please help. Any advice is much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, I would suggest you visit this topic in the Feature suggestion board: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Google-Hangouts-on-app-notifications/idi-p/31322.... Not only can you vote for it, bu also see the first comment that it is working on the Charge 3. Press the link in the first comment and maybe that's  helpfull for you to get it up and running on your Versa. Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to go to Versa settings - Notifications - App Notifications - Enable hangouts.  

It works for me, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, you can only have one messaging app notifications, which honestly doesn't make sense. But yeah what they said works, Fitbit app/versa2/notifications 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WolfChild13 follow my directions in the above post. 

Under App notifications you can choose as many different apps that you want to receive notifications from. 

I have Messages, Messenger, Facebook, Google Groups, Fitbit, Tictoc, YouTube, Google Rewards and Kik. 

These are in addition to email, text, and calendar. 

Screenshot_20200416-113445_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200416-113524_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

OHHH! Thank you! I was looking under just "text messages" that makes more sense! Thanks 😄 

Best Answer

That is great @WolfChild13 the text notify at on selection will only show the apps that are registered for receiving text through the phone number. Hangouts is not one of them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes