Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my GPS map?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I've got my GPS on my iPhone on, but still don’t know how to find a map of where I’ve walked on the app? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @Saralouise and @Jayelo thanks for your input.

Regarding your inquiry, if you recorded an exercise using GPS, you just need to tap the exercise tile and there you will be able to see your exercise and the map on it (see attachment).

GPS map.jpg

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

It will usually show up on the Fitbit app under “track exercise” on the dashboard.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Saralouise and @Jayelo thanks for your input.

Regarding your inquiry, if you recorded an exercise using GPS, you just need to tap the exercise tile and there you will be able to see your exercise and the map on it (see attachment).

GPS map.jpg

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi both 🙂

thanks for that, I’ve double checked and my GPS was connected but doesn’t show like yours 😕 did I have to track it like @Jayelo said first? If I click on the exercise tile it takes me to all the statistics on it jus not the map. 

Best Answer

If you use your connected gps from your versa under the exercise shortcut your map should show up there after your workout. Mine normally doesn’t look like the Fitbit moderators one because my versa is constantly “connecting” so everything is off when it’s connecting constantly through my walk. That is something I’m waiting for Fitbit to fix. But other than that, it should show up on the app after you finished your exercise. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Versa can detect when I start running / walking and will show as exercise on the app but there is no map associated with it. No map is shown. I check that by default the connected GPS is on in the device. Is there any other setting that needs to change?

Or is it that only if I explicitly 'start' an exercise on versa, does it show the map?

Best Answer
I have found that only when you select “run” etc on the Versa whilst your GPS is switched on your phone that it picks the map up 😕

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Where’s this track exercise option?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. So if I track my walk in my Fitbit app...the map shows up. But if I use my shortcut on my actual Versa watch..the map does show up in my app when I am finished. My GPS on my watch is on and the GPS on my phone is on as well. Suggestions? Other settings I am missing?

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit versa and it recognized that I took a 26 minute walk today. My phone was on and with me, and Bluetooth was enabled. Location services were not on so I don't know if that would have affected it but I could see the values from the walk but I could not see a map from the GPS. Any idea what I need to do?

Best Answer

Hello @Alibaddy and welcome to the Help forums.  What you are describing sounds like your walk was auto-recognized.  Auto-recognized activities are not GPS connected, so there is no map.  To get a map, you must use the Exercise App with have your phone with you, with required items enabled

Check out this Help article for more information.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

When I hit the to the right of  days of exercise this week my Versa gives me the option to track walk, run or hike using GPS and map 

Best Answer

What if I didn’t bring my phone? Only Fitbit, I cant find my map

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go on bike rides, I select bike in the exercise tile on my watch. Sometimes it records the map and sometimes it doesn’t. What is wrong?

Best Answer

The main reason is that it doesn't have built-in GPS. Instead, you get 'Connected GPS', which means it can only piggyback your phone's connection for extra-accurate tracking and maps of your routes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your answer helped me the most! Thanks! 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! As an extra information, I'd like to share this help article which explains how the GPS feature works on your Fitbit devices.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exactly the same problem and couldn't see the map after a bike ride of 2 hours. I started the exercise using the option in the versa 2 and not from the app. But later I have figured out in the settings for the Fitbit in my phone I have not allowed access to location always.

Yes. In the app permissions of fitbit the location access has to be 'All the time'. Mine was 'Only when the app is running'. Since the app wasn't running on my phone when i started the exercise on my versa 2 the GPS was not trackable. Now it got fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You won't because Fitbit messed up the last update. I tried to speak with the help desk but got a really unhelpful person

Best Answer
0 Votes