Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa LED lights not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I noticed my sleep wasn’t recorded. Also noticed my BPM wasn’t registering. Only steps and flights were being tracked. I synced and then did a reset. Lost all steps for the day and BPM still isn’t recognized. The LED lights are not flashing.  I have had this Versa for 7 months.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

@Mdowning, welcome! It's great to see you around!

Let me help you with your Versa heart rate sensor not working correctly and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I suggest you clean the back of your device with cotton and rubbing alcohol and restart it. Turn the heart rate off, save and sync then turn it on save and sync again. Also check these tips to improve the heart rate reading on your device. 

Regarding sleep, your device will start recording sleep after it detects an hour of inactivity. If you have a light sleep or move too much then this may difficult your sleep detection. Additionally you can try wearing your device on your non dominant hand to decrease the amount of movement it is subjected to. Finally you can restart your device. You can also manually log your sleep time. You can read more about sleep detection here.

Once you have done this troubleshooting please let me know how sleep, step and heart rate detection works on your device.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am also having issues with the Heart rate not being monitored and the LED lights not working. I have tried cleaning it as suggested. Toggling back and forth with the HR monitor selected and rebooting in between. I even did a factory reset on mine and nothing has helped. Any other suggestions? All I get is "--" in grey for the HR. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Photosnlove Thanks for being part of our Community! 

Let me help you with your Versa heart rate sensors not working and thank you for following my previous suggestions. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar issue.  After a factory reset and other troubleshooting efforts and switching back to the original band, the issue persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I have exactly the same problem and I did everything you suggested but still nothing. Is there anything more that I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning!

I have tried all the tricks and the LED lights on the back won’t even light up at all or track anything. I just took it off the charger after charging it fully overnight. Please help! Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue, the steps above haven’t helped. The LED is not on at all. 
All other functions aside from proper sleep tracking (wake vs. restless) and heart rate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue, the steps above haven’t helped. The LED is not on at all. I contacted fitbit team and they gave me the same advise. Case number 37075152.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, have tried the steps noted, help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have the same issue where the LED lights do not light up. I tried your tips of cleaning with alcohol, resetting, turning off and on and it is still not tracking my BPM's. I noticed this started happening late last night. 

Best Answer

I had the same problem and I did a few Factory Reset without success. I always suspected that I might have caused my problem by knocking on the watch in its charging dock (to see the charge %) since I knew I could stop the LEDs from lighting when I remove my watch, by tapping twice on the back. I assume I might have turned the LEDs off while charging. I have drained the battery till the watch turns off. Then I recharged the battery. Did a Factory reset. LEDs are still off, no heart rate. I decided to wear my watch anyway. A few days later, I decided to do a Factory reset even if I knew it wouldn't work. I forgot all about that activity until I felt a vibration at my wrist. I looked at my watch and the LEDs were back. It's been two weeks since and it is still working. Good luck !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same. No LED lights, not tracking heart rate or sleep. I’ve tried all of the above solutions with no luck. My Fitbit is less than a year old!

Best Answer

Mine is also less than a year old. I did buy a warranty from square trade and going to send it in. This is the second fitbit the first one lasted 14 months and then went out and no warranty. I still have it but it doesn't work. LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

I chatted with Fitbit support and they are now sending me a replacement. I hope it lasts longer than 11 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these steps have worked for me.  I even did a factory reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is so frustrating when you try all the steps and it still doesn’t work! I was able to get a replacement from Fitbit. Hope you get yours fixed soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I also have the same problem and I did all you’ve suggested…. My leds are still not working and of course my heart rate too. Should I send my watch back ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did an online chat with Fitbit support. Since I’d only had mine for 11 months, they sent me a new one that has worked great so far. Hope you’re able to get it worked out. It really is so frustrating for that to happen!

Best Answer

I did an online chat with Fitbit Monday and the guy wasn't very nice with me and as every step he did ask me to do was not working, I quite and decide to write an email to Fitbit.... still no answer.... this watch is alresady a replaced watch and is a year old only...... I'm getting really tired of this matter and so disappointed of my watch (that I used to love).

Thanks for your support! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes