Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my GPS map?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I've got my GPS on my iPhone on, but still don’t know how to find a map of where I’ve walked on the app? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

how do you get the exercise tile... can you talk me though it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I have a similar issue, I use my watch to track my walk, select walk on my watch, wait till its connected and then start. Click on finish when I'm done , and sync my watch to my phone then check on the app on my phone and the walk is logged but its not showing the map. Mine used to always show the map but has stopped now with over 2 weeks and I don't know if its something I've done or since an update can anyone help please ive tried everything to get the map back and its not happening 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. The GPS is connected but the map I get after my runs is a not complete. Shows that I walked out of my driveway, sometimes down the road buts that's all. It used to work fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, for Pete’s sake!  So much for auto-recognize.  Thanks.  Guess I’ll get credit next time.

Best Answer

My GPS use to work. I have not changed anything. It use to just show the automatically. Now it says " GPS will not be turned on." 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see it on my iPhone but not on my laptop. The first picture is what I get when I open daily exercise. The second is what I get if I try to zoom in.

ewayne53_0-1621626726771.png

ewayne53_1-1621626754850.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit app does have location access “always” and I used to get a map after walks and runs, but now I don’t. I even officially started the “Run” the other day on my Versa 2, but all I got afterwards were the heart rate and “impact” information, no map at all. Today I didn’t bother since my running partner was using “Map my Run” on her phone. Still, I would like to be able to see my distance information and a map at the end. I assume this is a bug related to the most recent update. FitBit - any suggestions or plans to fix this? Or should I download “Map My Run” instead? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I think this is the answer to my question. It appears you have to RECORD a WORKOUT vs. just allowing the Fitbit to do it's thing under SmartTrack. I'll give that a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So here's the thing, I did get a nice funky map for my hike (using tracker 4) when I loaded the fitbit app after my activity and it showed all the stats too. but when I closed the app and reopened after sometime, the map was gone, the entire hike was broken into multiple "walks" because of the rest-breaks in between. Google fit on the other-hand works perfectly. It is a bug if it's going on for so many years and it would be good if you guys actually got around to fix it, considering that Google fit and Fitbit are both owned by Alphabet now.

PS - there's no option to attach an image here when accessing the community page using Brave Browser (shields down) on Android. Only have "undo, bold, italics, bullets and url" and additional options just allows me to select notifications when someone replies. Is the webpage half-baked just like the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have on the versa four I used the exercise tracking and walk does not track with a map, but run does from what I have concluded. 

Best Answer
0 Votes