Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Notifications from Facebook Messenger?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I connect my versa to Facebook messenger? Help! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Hello @Ericamoyer723, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Please note that in order for your Versa to receive Notifications from Facebook Messenger, you will need to get a push Notification from that app on your phone while it's locked. 

Once you have received a push Notification, go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Versa > Notifications > App Notifications and "Messenger" should appear on the list of apps you can enable. If Messenger doesn't show up, pull down the screen to update the list. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep us posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

How does she recieve the push notification 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MiaCopado wrote:

How does she recieve the push notification 

Go into the Fitbit mobile app and select "Notifications"...then select "Manage notifications on wrist"...you will see a list of possible apps there to receive push notifications. This is where you can select "Facebook Messenger." Don't forget to sync your device once you've enabled push notifications for the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have all notifications activated for FB Messenger on iOS and Fitbit, however I do not receive anything on my Versa. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I have all notifications activated for FB Messenger on iOS and Fitbit, however I do not receive anything on my Versa. 

What type of mobile device are you using? If it's not in Fitbit's list of compatible devices (https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315), that could be why you're not receiving the notification. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.  Once I turned off the notification on my Apple 7, rebooted and re-enabled the Messenger notification in the Fitbit app all was good

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner and @MiaCopado have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see yout oo @AD1971 I hope you're doing well, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner I'm very glad the instructions provided by @AD1971 were helpful to you, thanks for coming back and let us know you're all good now.

@MiaCopado note that when you receive a Notification from any app while your phone is locked, that's a push Notification. Once you receive one from the app of your choice, go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Your device > Notifications > App Notifications and the app will show on the list. 

Give these steps a try and let us know the outcome! 

Best Answer

I went into Notifications from settings, but do not see "Manage from Wrist" anywhere?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DeniseNelson thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us, however, it will be very helpful for us if you could elaborate a bit more about the situation you're going through. Are you not able to receive Notifications from Messenger? Is this the only app you're having trouble with? Which device are you currently wearing?

If so, please remember that your phone needs to receive a "push notification" while your phone is locked for Messenger to appear on the list of app notifications. Once your phone has received a push notification, go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > your device > App Notifications and the app will appear on the list. If it doesn't, pull down the list to update it and if it still doesn't appear, force-quit the app and open it again. 

Give these steps a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying this now!

Best Answer

In addition to what's already been said here, I would also like to add: Please make sure bluetooth is turned on, otherwise notifications won't work at all. Your mobile device communicates to your Fitbit device via bluetooth - that's how your Fitbit receives notifications from your mobile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, i just got my Versa two days ago, and want to get Notifications from WeChat and What's app.  I saw a list of options in the App Notifications in Versa app., which includes Messenger, but not others.  Can I also get notifications from What's App and WeChat? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Despite turning on the app notifications of messenger in Fitbit account, I’m still not receiving messenges on my versa 2 despite the All Day Synching. I’m using IOS 13 iP7 Plus. I hope you can help me. Thanks alot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I have a Versa Lite.  Can I get Messenger notifications? 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! This messaging design is a pain in the patootie! Been trying for 4days to get the Facebook messenger notifications on my Vesa2 and still nothing. But the photos app showed up! Sometimes I really wonder if people are programming for reliability or laziness. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get Facebook Messenger in the list to choose it? It's not in the list. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything that it says here. My push notifications are on and my FB messanger and FB are on as well. I’m not getting the app on my Fitbit versa lite edition. This is the main reason why I got this. Not so happy with this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t find the option to have messenger. When I see my list of notifications, FB messenger doesn’t show up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just give it a time like 1-2 days to sync all your apps in your phone.

Sent from iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes