Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydration reminder

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It was listed on the website that you can set reminders to move, hydrate etc. I’m not looking to log my water, just want to set hourly reminders to drink it. But I haven’t been able to figure out how yet. Help? 

Using the iPhone app 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@BingBing @Lufalulz @meKat Hi all! Just chiming in to provide some clarity on the hydration reminder topic. On Versa, you'll receive inspiration message regarding healthy habits like staying hydrated, as shown below. The way you view these reminders is by swiping up when on the clock face screen. At the very top, above your daily stats, you'll see a message. I'm wearing Ionic and I see a message about evaluating my sleep by looking at my sleep app data in the app. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! 

Inspiration: hydration messageInspiration: hydration message

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Where did you see that? As far as I understand Fitbit has never had reminders to drink water.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer

https://www.fitbit.com/en-ca/shop/versa

Scroll down to personalized reminders, and it says: “Stay on track toward your goals with personalized reminders that remind you to stay active, get hydrated, stick to a sleep schedule and more.”

Best Answer

@BingBing After checking all over the Fitbit app and on the Versa's User manual, I wasn't really able o find a way to add such reminders, so it seems like they haven't implemented that yet. Have you tried creating a feature suggestion for it?

Best Answer

maybe it means you can set an alarm for like every hour to remind you to drink water ...I use my alarms to remind me to take my Meds at 8 am and 8 pm 

Best Answer

@BingBing @Lufalulz @meKat Hi all! Just chiming in to provide some clarity on the hydration reminder topic. On Versa, you'll receive inspiration message regarding healthy habits like staying hydrated, as shown below. The way you view these reminders is by swiping up when on the clock face screen. At the very top, above your daily stats, you'll see a message. I'm wearing Ionic and I see a message about evaluating my sleep by looking at my sleep app data in the app. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! 

Inspiration: hydration messageInspiration: hydration message

Best Answer

Since you can sync most phone app notifications to your Versa you can download an app to remind you to drink water to your phone and add it in your Versa App Notifications settings in the Fitbit app. This works for me. I downloaded an app (Android: Water Drink Reminder) used the apps settings to set a 45 minute reminder to drink water and now every 45 minutes I get the notification on my Versa.

Best Answer

That's more than a bit disappointing - it's not really a reminder if you have to remember to go look for it!

I was expecting a regular reminder that you could turn on or off (and maybe adjust timings), with the hope that if not straight away it'd eventually be integrated into the water logging in the app.

I guess I'll be doing as the poster above and using a 3rd party app for a simple notification, but having it rolled into the base Fitbit features, with the possibility of logging integration was a big appeal of the Versa to me.

Best Answer

There is an app called "water logged" that allows you to log water intake.  But I am unsure if it is a reminder.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Water Logged doesn't have reminders and seems to be broken at this point.
I've logged an issue ticket with the developer about it.
Best Answer

Water Logged does not do reminders. Also it appears to be broken. I've logged an issue ticket with the developer about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've used Water Time (gold) in the past, it has notification reminders that work fine so I'll be seeing how it works in conjunction with the Versa when mine arrives tomorrow. But it's a shame having to use a 3rd party phone based app when it was a specifically advertised feature of the watch that caught my attention. It's unlikely detailed notification interaction with a 3rd party app will work in future either.

When I've investigated the 'feature' myself I'll probably put in a feature suggestion for Fitbit.

Edit: sorry, thought you meant Water Logged was a phone app for notifications, as soon as I hit post I realised you meant it's a Fitbit OS app! Still a shame to rely on a 3rd party one when it was an advertised FB feature, but I'll keep an eye out for it being updated - thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was it an advertised feature? I tried looking into it before I ordered the fitbit but never actually found confirmation of that.

Edit: Nevermind found it.

2018-04-15 12_30_32-Fitbit Versa™ Smartwatch.png

Best Answer

I don't understand why they're called personalized reminders there since it's obvious that they're not. The Fitbit itself calls these ones "Tips." It really makes no sense and I do wonder who the }}}k actually writes those descriptions.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer

Well you can have reminders to stay active (250 steps an hour reminder) and stay on your sleep schedule (my fitbit tells me when its time to wind down for bed). The only one from the description that is missing is the water.

Best Answer

Got my versa yesterday and have been trying to figure out the hydration reminder. It is a big disappointment that there isn't an actual reminder.

Why would fitbit even advertise it like a feature when they don't have it... It's a shame.

Best Answer

The website advertises:2018-04-15 12_30_32-Fitbit Versa™ Smartwatch.pngVersa actually reminds you when you have not met you step goals each hour and when it’s time to go to bed. However, you can not currently set up a reminder for hydration. I get that you can see the inspiration note, but this advertisment is extremely misleading, since it’s not a reminder. I think this should be removed, or at least moved to avoid consumer confusion, until an actual reminder can be configured. Is there any plans to be able to set up an actual reminder for hydration?

Best Answer

scroll down from were? I can't seem to set a drinking reminder and I can't seem to find what you are referring to. 

Best Answer

How do you set a reminder to drink water is the question this solution does not resolve that

Best Answer

Agreed, it's an almost-promised feature that's missing and while this 'solution' clears up what was actually meant, it was poorly worded in the advertisements/product description so misled us into thinking actual pop-up reminders would be available.

If you are looking for a workaround solution, using a third party app on your phone (such as WaterTime Reminder) and allowing it to send notifications to your Versa works.

Best Answer