Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Set up a new device - can't install clock faces

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you try to install a new watch, it doesn't seem to install the latest firmware like it used to.

Both replacing an existing watch with a new one or when removing the existing watch and adding the new one.

As a result you will get the App installing various apps as shown here

20220831_202941.jpg

And when it is done you won't be able to install any clocks or apps from the Gallery.

You can check your actual watch version in watch Settings against the latest version here What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update: Immediately do a factory reset from the watch Settings, About menu.

Wait a couple of minutes for it to come back to the initial screen before doing anything with it.

If after 10 minutes it hasn't come on ,hold the button for at least 10 seconds.

Then complete the installation all over again - this time it will load the latest firmware and you can install clocks and apps. Why it doesn't do this the first time is a mystery.

Sorry but that means a double installation but you do get your watch working from the start.

Note: the phone and wifi needs to be near the watch on the charger for installing the firmware quickly over wifi, and you will need the 2.4 gHz wifi password.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Update: Immediately do a factory reset from the watch Settings, About menu.

Wait a couple of minutes for it to come back to the initial screen before doing anything with it.

If after 10 minutes it hasn't come on ,hold the button for at least 10 seconds.

Then complete the installation all over again - this time it will load the latest firmware and you can install clocks and apps. Why it doesn't do this the first time is a mystery.

Sorry but that means a double installation but you do get your watch working from the start.

Note: the phone and wifi needs to be near the watch on the charger for installing the firmware quickly over wifi, and you will need the 2.4 gHz wifi password.

Best Answer

Great observation @Guy_!!

Although the clock faces and Apps (along with the latest firmware) should work with the initial setup it’s great you found a good workaround. Installing using the method you described avoids having to wait 2-3 days after the initial setup to get the firmware allowing access to the clock faces and apps.

Although a two step process it avoids confusion as I’ve seen discussed in the forums. 

Best Answer

Sorry but your information is incorrect.  My versa 2 was recently purchased and was suppose to be loaded with the latest s/w version.  Within 24h the s/w updated the version released on November 5th.

I have loaded several clock faces and apps without any issues.  It's the SpO2 clock face which fails to provide the install button because of a fitbit s/w issue.

There's no way around this software issue that fitbit has.

I'm wondering when Fitbit says they only update a number of users at a time, they are actually saying their servers are not linked across their network? Thus the reason why some users get the update and others don't. 

Either way, I'll wait and see if a newer version gets loaded. Isn't modern technology great. 

Cheers 

EdK

Best Answer
0 Votes